Error: Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart when starting Windows

Anonymous
2012-01-11T19:00:07+00:00

Hello,

I receive the error “Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart” when I start Windows. I have found the issue but I don’t see a good solution. What’s the best way to fix this issue?

Thanks

LD

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-01-11T19:03:00+00:00

Hello LD,

This message usually indicates that the boot sector is damaged or missing. The boot sector is a region of your hard disk that contains information that is used to load your operating system. If a boot failure is detected when your PC is starting, you may receive this error message.

To resolve this issue, use the steps in the following KB article:

You receive Error message: “Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart” when starting Windows 

Hope this helps,

Bobby

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-11-05T21:07:03+00:00

    OK you can remove this file just now by the “Duplicate Files Deleter” from. Try it now http://DuplicateFilesDeleter.com. It may be able to be removed/ delete this file from your hard drive.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-09-23T11:19:10+00:00

    One of the causes of the "BootMGR is missing Press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart" is the need to cool and clean up your computer.

    After 4 different times on occurring of the very same message and having applied all your suggestions with no more than a few hours or days success, I lost my patience and on the 5th time that it happened (the machine was working normally and suddenly reboot itself and shows the damned message) and without engaging on any attempt to solve the issue, I simply opened the machine, carefully cleaned all the fans including the processor's with a gentle brush.

    Miracle!!!

    The machine simply started without any problems as if the issue never existed.

    Conclusion:

    Apart viruses, corrupt files or sections on the disk, or any other expert indicated problem, your machine can simply need a clean up and/or better cooling system for it (the damned message) also went away when I turned the AC on before implementing the expert solutions for several times before success.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-08-23T14:06:35+00:00

    This worked but for one of my computers I had to run through Method 1 twice.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-07-26T20:24:09+00:00

    my compute os is vista model is advent 7201 1 gb

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments