Error: Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart when starting Windows

Anonymous
2012-01-11T19:00:07+00:00

Hello,

I receive the error “Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart” when I start Windows. I have found the issue but I don’t see a good solution. What’s the best way to fix this issue?

Thanks

LD

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-01-11T19:03:00+00:00

Hello LD,

This message usually indicates that the boot sector is damaged or missing. The boot sector is a region of your hard disk that contains information that is used to load your operating system. If a boot failure is detected when your PC is starting, you may receive this error message.

To resolve this issue, use the steps in the following KB article:

You receive Error message: “Bootmgr is missing Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart” when starting Windows 

Hope this helps,

Bobby

Was this answer helpful?

100+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-02-26T15:21:52+00:00

    hello dear user

                              sorry for that cause to you,basically boot manager or boot.mgr and ntldr files are most important files of booting,if they will be deleted or corrupted then it need repaire of your window or you can reinstall window,if u wanana to repaired u r window it will ask ur administrator password at the 1st time you had given,after u can login to c drive after in command line u can copy that two file or u can chose window will recover

    thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-02-14T23:31:06+00:00

    I ended up with this message, having flashed my Bios.  For some reason it flashed wrong REV and ended with this message, I tried all the advise given on here but no joy, I tried repair from installation disk, but would not update Bios.

    My ASUS manual instructed to clear CMOS by changing jumper pins from 1& 2 to 2 to3 for 5 to 10 seconds, then if no successful remove MB battery then change jumper pins as above again.

    No success, I was informed that recent MB's CMOS cannot be cleared as it stores info permanently in CMOS.

    Novatech's Tech said; return board for repair??????????

    So much for a crash free Bios MB.

    At present still waiting for my board to be returned, hopefully repaired?

    Any comments advise.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-01-15T12:54:59+00:00

    You can use any rescue disc (i e paragon rescue disc, erd commander) to solve this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-01-11T19:08:22+00:00

    Worked great,

    Thanks Bobby

    LD

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments