Where do I find a twain driver for the scanner?

Anonymous
2012-11-05T05:46:31+00:00

Original title : twain driver for Windows 8

After upgraded Win 8, my scanner didn't work. After checked, The problem come from twain driver. Pls help

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-01-12T01:41:04+00:00

Fixed mine. There are no Windows 8 drivers available on Canon's website or Windows Update. Follow these steps to install a Canoscan 8400F scanner under Windows 8 x64 in desktop mode:

(1) Download and install the Windows 7 x64 drivers from the Canon website.

(2) Launch Device Manager, right-click and uninstall any (?) unknown device, then rescan for new hardware and the Windows 7 x64 drivers will automatically install.

(3) Download and install the Canoscan Toolbox software from the Canon website.

(4) Launch the Canoscan Toolbox software, select Settings, and click the Reset button to repair the non-working Copy/Scan/PDF/Email scanner buttons.

(5) Reboot.

Button functionality is restored after the reboot. Everything works as designed now. Good luck!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-12T05:39:42+00:00

    Before I got it working, I had the same issue with the most recent version of Canoscan. It installed fine, but no scanner detected. Try an earlier version. The one I'm using successfully is Canoscan Toolbox 4.9.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-01-12T09:07:16+00:00

    The same Problem with the paperport-Sofware and my Brother Printer MFC J6910W. Scanner worked fine with Windows XP and 7.

    Windows 8 does not detect any TWAIN Source. I tried several Versions of Drivers for my multifunctional Machine --> No communication with my device.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-02-05T14:29:17+00:00

    Same issue with Twain on my Windows 8 upgrade. Visioneer 9520 worked perfectly in Windows 7, and even works with the the Windows Scan & Fax application, but doesn't work with anything that requires TWAIN. Tried running Paperport's InitTwain.exe to reconfigure the driver, but it says there is no Twain driver installed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-19T16:31:45+00:00

    I have several Canon products, and they all seem great. However, their attitude toward updating drivers to Win 8 is really poor. Since my scanner is several years old, I thought of buying a new one, but none of the Canon models have any indication that they support Windows 8.

    I tried contacting them about this, but no reply.

    I was wondering if there was some generic twain driver that would work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments