Where do I find a twain driver for the scanner?

Anonymous
2012-11-05T05:46:31+00:00

Original title : twain driver for Windows 8

After upgraded Win 8, my scanner didn't work. After checked, The problem come from twain driver. Pls help

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-01-12T01:41:04+00:00

Fixed mine. There are no Windows 8 drivers available on Canon's website or Windows Update. Follow these steps to install a Canoscan 8400F scanner under Windows 8 x64 in desktop mode:

(1) Download and install the Windows 7 x64 drivers from the Canon website.

(2) Launch Device Manager, right-click and uninstall any (?) unknown device, then rescan for new hardware and the Windows 7 x64 drivers will automatically install.

(3) Download and install the Canoscan Toolbox software from the Canon website.

(4) Launch the Canoscan Toolbox software, select Settings, and click the Reset button to repair the non-working Copy/Scan/PDF/Email scanner buttons.

(5) Reboot.

Button functionality is restored after the reboot. Everything works as designed now. Good luck!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-23T14:16:24+00:00

    I have a Canon LIDE 80 and am not having any success either. It is fine with W7 but there are no drivers or software for W8. I have tried W7 stuff but the software seems to start the install but get nowhere. I thought if I could get the toolkit on the twain drivers might take care of itself. It would not install either. It is very frustrating as this is also a USB twain device. This should be no brainer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-05-31T13:06:13+00:00

    My printer model is D110a  HP Photosmart and my computer is Toshiba Satellite C855-S5107 and the error code is scanner not detected and it says not detected like it isn't connected but the printer prints fine. Its an all in one printer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-23T21:15:05+00:00

    I'm having the same problem. But my scanner is a Genius Model "Color Page HR-3200".

    The computer recognizes the hardware connected but can not install the driver, even in compatibility mode.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-02-19T16:31:45+00:00

    I have several Canon products, and they all seem great. However, their attitude toward updating drivers to Win 8 is really poor. Since my scanner is several years old, I thought of buying a new one, but none of the Canon models have any indication that they support Windows 8.

    I tried contacting them about this, but no reply.

    I was wondering if there was some generic twain driver that would work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments