Where do I find a twain driver for the scanner?

Anonymous
2012-11-05T05:46:31+00:00

Original title : twain driver for Windows 8

After upgraded Win 8, my scanner didn't work. After checked, The problem come from twain driver. Pls help

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-01-12T01:41:04+00:00

Fixed mine. There are no Windows 8 drivers available on Canon's website or Windows Update. Follow these steps to install a Canoscan 8400F scanner under Windows 8 x64 in desktop mode:

(1) Download and install the Windows 7 x64 drivers from the Canon website.

(2) Launch Device Manager, right-click and uninstall any (?) unknown device, then rescan for new hardware and the Windows 7 x64 drivers will automatically install.

(3) Download and install the Canoscan Toolbox software from the Canon website.

(4) Launch the Canoscan Toolbox software, select Settings, and click the Reset button to repair the non-working Copy/Scan/PDF/Email scanner buttons.

(5) Reboot.

Button functionality is restored after the reboot. Everything works as designed now. Good luck!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-11-22T06:28:55+00:00

    I too recently paid for the upgrade to Windows 8. I'm so frustrated with the USB drivers, and now my scanner. I've had to plug in my logitech keyboard and mouse again and again to get them to work. Thankfully that went away. Logitech's software and Microsoft's mouse stuff was conflicting somehow.

    Anyways, I too have a scanner issue. I tried to install drivers by changing the compatibility to Windows 7, but nothing. Also ran as administrator. Problem is, even on Windows 7 (my kid's computer the scanner isn't showing up either).

    • 1.What is the make and model of the scanner?
    • answer: Canon 9950F
      1. Do you receive any error code or message?
    • answer: CanoScan Toolbox says "unable to select TWAIN source"
    • Windows Fax and Scan says "No scanners were detected.... [instructions goes on about rebooting computer and to try help]
      1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    • answer: Custom Build - AMD Bulldozerwith MSI motherboard 990
      1. What happens if you try to scan?

    answer: Nothing

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-11-07T03:38:23+00:00

    Dear Sir,

    I tried to reply u via yr provided email address MicrosoftAnswers@microsoft.com but not successful. BTW, hereby is my answer...

    1. HP OfficeJet 6500 AIO printer
    2. & 4. No problem for printing & fax. While scanning, an error message 8, [(0,18,-2147467259)] is occurred and the scan process is failed.
    3. Lenovo B570

    I also used the printer & scanner diagnostic utility to check the device, it prompted that TWAIN driver error. However, when I used the MS Paint and scan a document, it worked successfully. Also, I reported this error to HP tech support but cannot get any answer. Do u have any idea to fix this problem? 

    Tks for yr help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-11-06T04:03:05+00:00

    Hi,

    Thank you for posting in Microsoft Windows Community. I understand that you are facing issues with twain driver and scanner in Windows 8. Correct me if I am wrong.

    I can imagine the inconvenience you have experienced. I will definitely help you in fixing the issue.

    To help you suggest more steps to resolve the issue, I would appreciate if you could answer the following question:

    1.What is the make and model of the scanner?

    1. Do you receive any error code or message?
    2. What is the make and model of the computer?
    3. What happens if you try to scan?

    Please reply back with more information to exactly know about the issue and fix it as soon as possible by referrring the below link:

    Suggestions for asking a question on help forums

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments