Where do I find a twain driver for the scanner?

Anonymous
2012-11-05T05:46:31+00:00

Original title : twain driver for Windows 8

After upgraded Win 8, my scanner didn't work. After checked, The problem come from twain driver. Pls help

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-01-12T01:41:04+00:00

Fixed mine. There are no Windows 8 drivers available on Canon's website or Windows Update. Follow these steps to install a Canoscan 8400F scanner under Windows 8 x64 in desktop mode:

(1) Download and install the Windows 7 x64 drivers from the Canon website.

(2) Launch Device Manager, right-click and uninstall any (?) unknown device, then rescan for new hardware and the Windows 7 x64 drivers will automatically install.

(3) Download and install the Canoscan Toolbox software from the Canon website.

(4) Launch the Canoscan Toolbox software, select Settings, and click the Reset button to repair the non-working Copy/Scan/PDF/Email scanner buttons.

(5) Reboot.

Button functionality is restored after the reboot. Everything works as designed now. Good luck!

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2015-09-12T07:00:59+00:00

    Easy fix for Windows 10 pro

    To get the Twain driver download and install VueScan for Windows (I have v 9.5.25), it is only a demo. Install Canoscan - it won't run yet.

    Run a scan with VueScan and your 8400f should run - don't worry about the watermark. Shut VueScan down. Run Canoscan and it should run as you want with twain driver attached. To check all is well shut your system down, reboot, and rerun Canoscan. If it works o.k. uninstall VueScan and you should be in business.

    VueScan attaches the Twain driver for you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-09-07T19:53:45+00:00

    Any help in getting my Epson Stylus Photo RX500 working with my Windows 8 laptop.

    I can print - no problem.   But scanning seems to be a different kettle of fish.

    Any help.  please keep it very, very simple... I am a techno phobe.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-05-16T15:50:56+00:00

    I think I will install a virtual machine with Win 7. Seems to be the only way to remedy this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-05-07T14:25:45+00:00

    Sorry I have not been on here for some weeks.

    It is not possible to get the TWAIN driver to work, as far as I can find Microsoft have 'killed' TWAIN (it did not belong to them so has to go).

    The above process from k2Burt should (sorry, best I can say) get the Canoscan toolbox to work via its own direct (non-TWAIN) connection to the scanner, then you can setup the Toolbox so that 'SCAN1' button will do a scan and 'paste' the result into Photoshop (or whatever picture software you use). Not as easy as having the TWAIN interface but at least it works.

    The Toolbox does not show that it recognizes the CanoScan 8000F scanner. So the buttons do not have any function.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments