The "more information" link on a driver update redirects to a different site.

Anonymous
2012-03-14T12:05:44+00:00

Original title : Windows Update "More Information" link broken

Windows Update (in Windows 7 64-bit) notified me of a driver update. I clicked the "More Information" link, and was taken to a webpage at "winqual.microsoft.com". This told me that the site has moved to "sysdev.microsoft.com", and I could find no way to find more information about this driver update.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-05-17T15:27:04+00:00

    Good Grief! It's May 17th and not one reply to all these other replies!!

    This problem has been occurring for longer than a couple months. I've been experiencing it for about 5 or 6 months now and never had time to look further into it. There is an update for my graphics driver that supposedly was from last JUNE 2011!! Since then, every time I try to get more information about it, (including today's attempts) I get sent to the same link:

    • Winqual has moved!
    • Our new home is sysdev.microsoft.com,which you can find at the<br>Dashboard tab on the Hardware and Desktop areas of the Windows Dev Center. At the Hardware and Desktop Dashboard, you can continue to:<br><ul><br><li>Certify your hardware and desktop apps for Windows</li><li>Distribute drivers by using Windows Update</li><li>Get reports about your products</li><li>Submit metadata for your device or system</li><li>Use the remote debugging tool</li></ul><br><br>Please update your bookmarks.

    I sign in with my Windows Live ID (so unnecessary!!) and it expects me to have a Winqual account and thinks I'm a distributor or developer.

    MICROSOFT! THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM ABOUT GETTING AN UPDATE!!!!

    IT IS A PROBLEM ABOUT GETTING MORE INFORMATION FIRST!!!!

    WE CAN'T!!!!!


    - and haven't been able to for a VERY long time.



    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-05-19T00:52:49+00:00

    Yes this is very unpleasant, please fix this already.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2012-06-13T15:56:31+00:00

    I'll add my two cents just to show it's still an issue a month later.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more