Thanks.
Microsoft: how many corroborations do you need before you even give us the courtesy of a substantive response?!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Original title : Windows Update "More Information" link broken
Windows Update (in Windows 7 64-bit) notified me of a driver update. I clicked the "More Information" link, and was taken to a webpage at "winqual.microsoft.com". This told me that the site has moved to "sysdev.microsoft.com", and I could find no way to find more information about this driver update.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Thanks.
Microsoft: how many corroborations do you need before you even give us the courtesy of a substantive response?!
Just came across this problem myself.. this is very shoddy work! please fix this Microsoft!
I'll add to the 'Me too' chorus as well.
Just bought an new Keyboard (Microsoft Sidewinder x4), and after a reboot, got a Windows Update notification for a driver.
And you've guessed it, a winqual URL!
http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20429333
Which just gives me a 'This web page is not available' message! (In Chrome).
very poor.
You would have thought that assuming the driver ids are the same, they could just do a find and replace on any entries in their Windows Update service to point to a new URL!
It is now May 5th and still no answer.
This is getting tiresome.
MICROSOFT - PLEASE CORRECTLY REDIRECT
FWIW, I opened up a support ticket with MS and have a "case number", if that means anything. As expected, the first person responded with something like "oh, you're having a problem with receiving windows updates? I'll pass this to a support professional who can help you with that!"... /rolls eyes
The second person I received a response from, however, appears to be a real human & not just a drone looking for keywords. I'm not sure if she can find the right people who can fix it, but it's more help than Mr. Rohit Chettri is capable of...