The "more information" link on a driver update redirects to a different site.

Anonymous
2012-03-14T12:05:44+00:00

Original title : Windows Update "More Information" link broken

Windows Update (in Windows 7 64-bit) notified me of a driver update. I clicked the "More Information" link, and was taken to a webpage at "winqual.microsoft.com". This told me that the site has moved to "sysdev.microsoft.com", and I could find no way to find more information about this driver update.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-04-03T15:43:42+00:00

    At the bottom of this page there is an "Answer Feedback" link.  I posted a link to this thread there and asked for someone to look into this.  Don't know if that will help or not but  I couldn't figure out any other way to get Microsoft's attention.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-04-08T08:20:38+00:00

    I flagged the support reply as abusive. Seems abusive when a company ignores its customers in this fashion.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-04-08T11:21:11+00:00

    I've been experiencing this problem for some months, now.

    Not a new problem, so I'm joining this thread as other people are clearly having the problem, too.

    As far as I know, this affects every Windows 7 machine I use.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-04-08T14:10:11+00:00

    I agree; flagging.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-04-11T11:18:18+00:00

    Well, the site might have moved, but it looks like windows update needs an update to reflect this!   Same problem here - clicking on the "more information" link for any non-microsoft  optional update in Windows 7 (64 bit in my case) leads to a redirection  saying winqual has moved and giving no info about the drivers.

    eg.http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20469839

    http://winqual.microsoft.com/support/?driverid=20441149

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments