The "more information" link on a driver update redirects to a different site.

Anonymous
2012-03-14T12:05:44+00:00

Original title : Windows Update "More Information" link broken

Windows Update (in Windows 7 64-bit) notified me of a driver update. I clicked the "More Information" link, and was taken to a webpage at "winqual.microsoft.com". This told me that the site has moved to "sysdev.microsoft.com", and I could find no way to find more information about this driver update.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

51 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-04-03T15:43:42+00:00

    At the bottom of this page there is an "Answer Feedback" link.  I posted a link to this thread there and asked for someone to look into this.  Don't know if that will help or not but  I couldn't figure out any other way to get Microsoft's attention.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-04-03T14:18:27+00:00

    Your welcome!

    I don't think the "helpful" flags affect Microsoft's response time; I think it's just the "This reply answered my question" button, which I haven't clicked. (Presumably only I can do that?)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-04-03T13:59:21+00:00

    Thank YOU for explaining the original problem so clearly. 

    Hey, I just noticed...there have been a few yes votes yes under "was this helpful?"  Maybe Microsoft isn't reading the problem because they think the original fix worked and we're all appreciative of they're technical genius.  When I responded the first time, it automatically gave my answer a yes, or at least there was no way of answering no that I could find.  So we've got another problem.  I'd happily give the all the user's who have posted a yes for describing a common problem, but NOT Microsoft's answer to the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-04-03T08:53:04+00:00

    Thanks everyone for "bumping" my question! I can't believe it's taking Microsoft so long to get around to even attempting to fix this problem. It seems so simple to us mere mortals...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2012-04-03T08:42:32+00:00

    Same problem here, and I find it highly unprofessional that this still isn't fixed. While this thread is relatively new, the problem is not, as we can see  here:

    http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/273796-explanations-updates-shielded-behind-winqual-microsoft-com.html

    It's been around since 2010!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments