>... Not sure if it'll get any better (at least it's not the winqual error page anymore), but we'll see."
Sorry to say this, but we are back to the winqual error again.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Original title : Windows Update "More Information" link broken
Windows Update (in Windows 7 64-bit) notified me of a driver update. I clicked the "More Information" link, and was taken to a webpage at "winqual.microsoft.com". This told me that the site has moved to "sysdev.microsoft.com", and I could find no way to find more information about this driver update.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
>... Not sure if it'll get any better (at least it's not the winqual error page anymore), but we'll see."
Sorry to say this, but we are back to the winqual error again.
Bunnislippers, thank you for posting the correct address. In following other members' examples, I wanted you to know up front that I reported "abuse" on your entry in order to bring this back into focus. Your entry is one of few that have actually helped to point in the right direction which is why I flagged it MS.
The following is exactly what I wrote in the abuse report:
"I've been monitoring this thread since the beginning. It is now October 23, 2013, and Microsoft Update and windows update still has the wrong link attached to driver updates. Will you PLEASE Fix this? As everyone has said - "MORE INFO FIRST PLEASE!!"
Once again, Thank you Bunni for your input and advice...
But unfortunately Windows 7 & 8 systems are still breaking daily because of bad drivers pushed by Windows update. I have spent numerous hours restoring valid vendor drivers. In addition, I have found no way yet to block the numerous Kernel Mode and outdated Drivers which have also been yanking valid vendor/user-mode drivers. I have blocked install in WSUS, GPOs, WUAU Opt-Out of drivers from MSUpdate, etc., yet they end up being reinstalled because the updates are marked as "Critical"...
EVERYONE> PLEASE GET MICROSOFT TO FIX BROKEN STUFF FIRST AND WORRY ABOUT NEW OSes THAT STILL DON'T WORK SECOND!!
I almost forgot about this issue until I clicked on the link for some Logitech driver updates. I have no idea what version they are, but would love to find out before I install them. At the moment, I'm getting a timeout when it attempts to load the page, so it looks like MS has killed the DNS entry and/or the webserver that was hosting the new site.
I guess it's kinda sad that we've been talking about this issue on their website with all the details needed to pursue / fix it... yet there hasn't been a single competent response. How many layers exist between the outside and people within the company that actually fix things and do any kind of real work?
Did Microsoft provide you with a reference number regarding this issue? If so, can you share it with us so we can contact Microsoft via a unified front on this issue?
Also, is there a Microsoft email address that you got said response from that "we" can send thoughtful emails to, reminding them of how many of us are effected by this issue?
I actually emailed Bill Gates and Steve Balmer using their well-known email addresses :) I hesitate to share the addresses that the replies actually came from on a public thread though. I will say that the responses came from an individual support person and cc'ed some emails labeled as "Microsoft GetHelp" and "Microsoft Customer Advocacy."
The case number appears to be "10697080" and has "[DR]" after it, both of which were included in the subject line.
I have not received an update since their last message of March 26th that I mentioned above.
However, please be aware that since my message there have been some changes. The "More information" links do now redirect some Microsoft updates properly, and all 3rd-party driver updates appear to go to a generic "driver update page" (that unfortunately isn't any more helpful than it was previously).
It better than it was, but it still has a ways to go before being useful.
Kiddailey:
Did Microsoft provide you with a reference number regarding this issue? If so, can you share it with us so we can contact Microsoft via a unified front on this issue?
Also, is there a Microsoft email address that you got said response from that "we" can send thoughtful emails to, reminding them of how many of us are effected by this issue?
Good luck everybody
~Adam