Some of the recipients for this message are not valid

Anonymous
2012-04-18T12:05:54+00:00

When creating an email to certain people in my address book I get a window pop up which says "The message could not be sent, Some of the recipients for this message are not valid. Please verify the names." I have verified the certain addresses and they are 100% correct, can you help? Thanks.

Windows 7

Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308)

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-06T19:19:14+00:00

I want to say sorry to the Microsoft folks fro calling Windows Live Mail buggy.  Still I am not sure why there were two places not checked off on my brother's ID but the others were.  Those two little missing marks caused all this brouhaha.

The solution was left side button to get to Options - Safety Options - Security - Digital ID's - other people -  highlight the ID you want then hit Advance.  You will see many check marked items called Certificate Purposes.  All things there should be check marked. If not, then mark it.

That was my problem.  For some unknown reason two of those were unchecked.

I do hope this information can help other people who have a similar problem like I did,

REN88

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-07-07T16:20:08+00:00

    Hello Gary,

    Thank you for your cooperation. I've already forwarded this issue to our support specialist. We will get back to you as soon as we have a resolution or if we need more information. Your patience is highly appreciated.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-02T22:51:52+00:00

    Freedom,  I too have a problem similar to what all of you have. It is not birthdays, or any other thing but one one email which is  my brother, I cannot send a reply.  Needs name verification.  The only one.

    I have security certificate to be able to send signed and encrypted emails.  So does my brother. However if I have his name in contacts, I get the "verify" thing. The only way I can email him, is to delete his name from contacts and manually put his address in the "TO" window. Also I had his certificate then it went away.  I never had such trouble with Outlook Express. I had to use Microsoft Live Mail for everyone else, and use mozilla thunderbird for my brother. Now I have no trouble with him but I have yet to get my security certificate installed on thunderbird, as this mail program is more complicated.  I tried to ditch Live mail but it is good on other levels. It has folders, other email programs don't. The spell checker is good.

    I agree,  there is some kind of bug. Now Helen C posted her reply on July 4 2013 and has not answered back yet? Microsoft had this program now for a few years.  You think they would have the bugs out, then again.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-02T23:31:04+00:00

    Hi REN88,

    Welcome to Microsoft Community. Let me try to assist you with the error message that you are encountering on Windows Live Mail when sending to your groups.

    We would like to ask for your affected email address and your brother's email address that keeps being asked to be verified so we can investigate and try to determine the cause of the issue. You can provide the requested information on the private message. Please login to this website to see the private message tab. Kindly post back to this public thread once you have replied to the private message to notify us of your response.

    Thank you.

    Johan

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-08-04T23:53:47+00:00

    I sent you a private message Johan_d

    REN88

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments