Some of the recipients for this message are not valid

Anonymous
2012-04-18T12:05:54+00:00

When creating an email to certain people in my address book I get a window pop up which says "The message could not be sent, Some of the recipients for this message are not valid. Please verify the names." I have verified the certain addresses and they are 100% correct, can you help? Thanks.

Windows 7

Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308)

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-06T19:19:14+00:00

I want to say sorry to the Microsoft folks fro calling Windows Live Mail buggy.  Still I am not sure why there were two places not checked off on my brother's ID but the others were.  Those two little missing marks caused all this brouhaha.

The solution was left side button to get to Options - Safety Options - Security - Digital ID's - other people -  highlight the ID you want then hit Advance.  You will see many check marked items called Certificate Purposes.  All things there should be check marked. If not, then mark it.

That was my problem.  For some unknown reason two of those were unchecked.

I do hope this information can help other people who have a similar problem like I did,

REN88

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-29T02:28:17+00:00

    Hi MadMax-24,

    Thank you for providing the log files. I have already escalated your issue to our support specialist for further investigation. Please check this post for updates from time to time. Your patience is highly appreciated.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-07-04T16:29:50+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for your patience as we investigate your issue. To address your issue, this error usually occurs if each email addresses in the To/Cc/Bcc fields are not separated using semicolon. To isolate the issue  issue, please make sure that each email addresses in the said fields are separated with semicolon.

    If issue persists, we request that you provide us a screenshot indicating the error while the email addresses are in the To/Cc/Bcc fields. And also how do you add the email addresses in the To/Cc/Bcc fields? Is it by copy and pasting?

    Please refer to the links below on how to get screenshots:

    - **How to get screenshots for Vista/Windows 7** - **How to get screenshots for XP**

    - Mac Computers:  Refer to your computer’s help directory.

    Upload the screenshot on the private message area that I've enabled for you. Make sure that you sign in to Microsoft Community forum and click the You have a private reply to this message. Click here to read it on our secure private messages sectionlink to access it. I look forward to hearing from you.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-07-05T02:44:14+00:00

    Even though I am signed in, the "Click here to read the secure private message" link does not work. Ergo, I can't respond with a screen shot of the error.

    --  This happens, even if there is only one addressee, so the absence of a semicolon isn't an issue.

    --  As indicated several times in this thread, I have tried using both the contact list, typing in the address, cut/paste the address and replying to an e-mail sent by the addressee.

    --  The address is valid, because I can go to web mail and send it to the same addressee(s) from my same contact list.

    Gary

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-07-05T17:18:35+00:00

    Hi Gary,

    Thank you for your cooperation. Before we escalate this issue to our support specialist again, we request that you still provide us a screenshot for investigation. To access the link, please click this: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windowslive/forum/livemail-email/some-of-the-recipients-for-this-message-are-not/4bc40f49-8904-422a-93c4-1a4222f3e0fe?tab=privatemessage

    If you have further questions, please let us know.

    Regards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments