Some of the recipients for this message are not valid

Anonymous
2012-04-18T12:05:54+00:00

When creating an email to certain people in my address book I get a window pop up which says "The message could not be sent, Some of the recipients for this message are not valid. Please verify the names." I have verified the certain addresses and they are 100% correct, can you help? Thanks.

Windows 7

Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308)

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-06T19:19:14+00:00

I want to say sorry to the Microsoft folks fro calling Windows Live Mail buggy.  Still I am not sure why there were two places not checked off on my brother's ID but the others were.  Those two little missing marks caused all this brouhaha.

The solution was left side button to get to Options - Safety Options - Security - Digital ID's - other people -  highlight the ID you want then hit Advance.  You will see many check marked items called Certificate Purposes.  All things there should be check marked. If not, then mark it.

That was my problem.  For some unknown reason two of those were unchecked.

I do hope this information can help other people who have a similar problem like I did,

REN88

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-09-15T20:59:31+00:00

    Hello Knork,

    Thank you for visiting this thread and tried some troubleshooting steps provided here. To address your issue, I'll enumerate them for understanding.

    My father is using LiveMail and got a signed mail from me.

    -What is your father's Windows Live Mail build version?

    -What do you mean "signed mail"?

    He imported my certificate into the contact entry, it didn't help.

    -Did he follow the steps provided by MadMAx in importing the certificate?

    I didn't even try to repair his Windows Live installation, it wouldn't help.

    -Did you encounter any error before when trying to repair Windows Live Mail? If none, you may repair the program to fix any corrupted program files.

    But no one is  using the WindowsLive client.

    -What do you mean "no one is using WindowsLive client"?

    -Are they using a web browser to view the emails?

    We look forward to hearing from you.

    Regards,

    Helene C.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2015-07-02T04:44:02+00:00

    Dear fellow Windows Live Mail users:

    For some reason Windows Live Mail 2012 stopped sending group emails and presented me with this error.  (I now use Windows 8.1)  I tried repairing all of Windows Essentials.  I tried uninstalling all of Windows Essentials and reinstalling it.  I tried uninstalling just Windows Live Mail 2012 and then reinstalling it.  I even tried the "trick" of rebooting, creating a group category with all of my contacts and *then* sending a group email.  Nothing worked.

    Someone mentioned that Microsoft is (might be?) working on a fix for this problem.  What you might try in the meantime is what finally worked for me:

    1.  Open Windows Mail.

    2.  Click on "Contacts" on the left-hand side (in the column on the left).

    3.  Click on the group contact you wish to use.

    4.  On the desktop, click on the Start button in the lower-left of the screen.

    5.  In the window that opens, go to the field at the bottom that says "Search programs and files" and enter "notepad".

    6.  A window titled "Programs" should open up - single click on "notepad" - the Notepad text editor should open up.

    7.  In Notepad on top, click on "Format" then select "Word Wrap" (if you have not already) - if you click on "Format" again, there should be a checkmark by "Word Wrap".

    8.  Next enter the e-mail addresses from your group contact into Notepad. 

    !Remember to add a semicolon (;) after each address and then add a space!

    9.  Save the Notepad file by selecting "File" and then in the window that opens select "Save as...".  (Enter the computer location, title, and then click "Save".)

    10.  Now when you want to send a group email, open the Notepad file (with all the email addresses).

    11.  Select *all* of the email addresses in the Notepad file by either selecting "Edit" and then "Select All" in the window that opens *or* by holding down the "Ctrl" and "a" keys ***at the same time!***.

    12.  Copy all the email addresses by either selecting "Edit" and then "Copy" in the window that opens *or* by holding down "Ctrl" + "c" (or "Ctrl" + "Shift" + "c") ***at the same time***.

    13.  Now click on "Mail" in Windows Live Mail on the left-hand side (in the column on the left, above "Calendar" and "Contacts").

    (14.  Click on "Email message" in the top left corner - a "New Message" window should open.)

    15.  Click in the field(s) that you want just to the right of "To...", "Cc..." and/or "Bcc..."  (Note:  if "Cc..." and "Bcc..." do not appear, click on the blue link at the top right below your e-mail address which says "Show Cc & Bcc".)

    16.  To paste all of the email addresses that you copied from your Notepad file, hold down "Ctrl" + "v" ***at the same time*** - the email addresses should now appear in the field(s).

    You now should be able to send a group email without an error.  Hope that helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-01-08T06:38:50+00:00

    I'm using the newest Windows Live Mail version: Windows Live Mail 2012 on Windows 7.

    I get the same problem with this Program. When I send or reply to the message, which has digital certification, it said "Some of the recipients for this message are not valid".

    I have tried every method in this thread, but it didn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2016-05-30T10:12:12+00:00

    Thanks a lot..Worked Fine!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments