Some of the recipients for this message are not valid

Anonymous
2012-04-18T12:05:54+00:00

When creating an email to certain people in my address book I get a window pop up which says "The message could not be sent, Some of the recipients for this message are not valid. Please verify the names." I have verified the certain addresses and they are 100% correct, can you help? Thanks.

Windows 7

Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308)

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-06T19:19:14+00:00

I want to say sorry to the Microsoft folks fro calling Windows Live Mail buggy.  Still I am not sure why there were two places not checked off on my brother's ID but the others were.  Those two little missing marks caused all this brouhaha.

The solution was left side button to get to Options - Safety Options - Security - Digital ID's - other people -  highlight the ID you want then hit Advance.  You will see many check marked items called Certificate Purposes.  All things there should be check marked. If not, then mark it.

That was my problem.  For some unknown reason two of those were unchecked.

I do hope this information can help other people who have a similar problem like I did,

REN88

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-29T18:26:21+00:00

    The message could not be sent. Some of the recipients of this message are not valid. Please verify the names

    I did the repair =>

    In the meantime, you can try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if this is caused by corrupted data. Please refer to these steps:

    1. Click Start and select Control Panel.
    2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
    3. Right-click on Windows Live Essentials and select Uninstall/Change.
    4. Click Repair all Windows Live programs.

    Same Problem again!!! it didn't help

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-01-30T11:21:29+00:00

    I uninstalled Windows Live Mail and installed it new. It didn't help, same problem.

    I  deleted the mail addresses*** in CONTACTS (Windows Live Mail).

    *** The addresses who stopped the mailer from sending the mails, producing the message =>The message could not be sent. Some of the recipients of this message are not valid. Please verify the names.

    Now everything is OK

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-19T10:39:03+00:00

    I have ever DELETED the trouble address in the CONTACTS.

    Then rebuild it again.  At that time, Live mail will be OK for few days.

    No more than a week, the problems comes AGAIN...

    Same address(Worked days before), got the same "Some of the recipients of this message are not valid"...

    Trying REN88's solution now...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-08-11T20:50:54+00:00

    I am having the same issue as well.  It is happening with my husband's work address -I have not changed it or messed with it in a very long time!  It just suddenly started happening.  I do know that his is a military address and has some kind of certificate.  I saw some kind of article saying that it could have something to do with that. 

    I also am only sending it to one address and can send it if I log out of live mail.

    Did you figure out why this is happening yet?  If so, please share!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments