Some of the recipients for this message are not valid

Anonymous
2012-04-18T12:05:54+00:00

When creating an email to certain people in my address book I get a window pop up which says "The message could not be sent, Some of the recipients for this message are not valid. Please verify the names." I have verified the certain addresses and they are 100% correct, can you help? Thanks.

Windows 7

Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308)

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-06T19:19:14+00:00

I want to say sorry to the Microsoft folks fro calling Windows Live Mail buggy.  Still I am not sure why there were two places not checked off on my brother's ID but the others were.  Those two little missing marks caused all this brouhaha.

The solution was left side button to get to Options - Safety Options - Security - Digital ID's - other people -  highlight the ID you want then hit Advance.  You will see many check marked items called Certificate Purposes.  All things there should be check marked. If not, then mark it.

That was my problem.  For some unknown reason two of those were unchecked.

I do hope this information can help other people who have a similar problem like I did,

REN88

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-06-28T23:26:24+00:00

    Hi MadMax-24,

    I created a private message wherein you will provide some information we needed in order for us to investigate your issue.

    Please click on "You have a private reply to this message" link just above your post to view the message.

    Don't forget to sign in to Microsoft Community Forum to view the link.

    We're looking forward to your response

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-28T01:56:52+00:00

    Yes, I used the "Repair all Windows Live programs, as described above.

    I have configured, reconfigured, deconfigured  all three accounts numerous times and it still doesn't work. Windows Live Mail retrieves and sends mail from 3 Hotmail accounts, a G-Mail account and a Time-Warner Roadrunner POP 3 account. All of my contacts work except three. However, if I go to Outlook (formerly Hotmail) and use the same contact list, the e-mails to those three addresses work fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-27T23:51:50+00:00

    Hello MadMax-24,

    I understand that you are unable to send the emails to some of your contacts. Please verify if the fix you are referring to is about the repair of the program itself using these steps:

    1. Go to Control Panel.
    2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a Program.
    3. Locate Windows Live Essential 2011, and then click Uninstall/Change.
    4. When a window appears, select Repair all Windows Live programs.
    5. Restart your computer after the repair.

    If you have done this already, try reconfiguring the account and send test mails again. If it doesn't work, don't hesitate to post back for further assistance.

    Thank You.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-06-27T22:23:30+00:00

    I had this exact same problem on a couple of contacts. I deleted the contact and was able to send. I re added the contact and was still able to send. Somewhere there is a bug in the email client - possibly with it validating data against the contact at a guess.

    I have deleted two of the contacts and re-entered the data, directly from mail they had sent to me. It still didn't work. I agree there must be a validation bug somewhere. I even ran the "fix" utility recommended by Microsoft. Fortunately it only affects 3 contacts and I can use web mail for them. Naturally, I would like to fix it and avoid the web mail fiasco.

    Thanks a bunch for taking time to reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments