Some of the recipients for this message are not valid

Anonymous
2012-04-18T12:05:54+00:00

When creating an email to certain people in my address book I get a window pop up which says "The message could not be sent, Some of the recipients for this message are not valid. Please verify the names." I have verified the certain addresses and they are 100% correct, can you help? Thanks.

Windows 7

Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308)

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-06T19:19:14+00:00

I want to say sorry to the Microsoft folks fro calling Windows Live Mail buggy.  Still I am not sure why there were two places not checked off on my brother's ID but the others were.  Those two little missing marks caused all this brouhaha.

The solution was left side button to get to Options - Safety Options - Security - Digital ID's - other people -  highlight the ID you want then hit Advance.  You will see many check marked items called Certificate Purposes.  All things there should be check marked. If not, then mark it.

That was my problem.  For some unknown reason two of those were unchecked.

I do hope this information can help other people who have a similar problem like I did,

REN88

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-01-27T09:59:49+00:00

    The solution was left side button to get to Options - Safety Options - Security - Digital ID's - other people -  highlight the ID you want*** then hit Advance.  You will see many check marked items called Certificate Purposes.  All things there should be check marked. If not, then mark it.

    *** There haven't been any ID's  --- I check marked 2 Items that haven't been check marked!

    It didn't help!!!

    NB: On my second VAIO Computer works everything fine! Although =>

    *** There haven't been any ID's too  ---and  I check marked 2 Items that haven't been check marked! It works if they are check marked or not!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-10T00:12:51+00:00

    It is REN88 back again.  My great fix I thought I had did not work. As soon as my brother emailed another signed and encrypted email to me, the whole thing blew up.  His ID disappeared from his contact list name. Weird. I tried everything I knew how.  I quit and now using Thunder Bird. It is a pain to set up for sure but once it is configured it is smooth sailing.  Sorry that my report is a failure.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-06T15:31:04+00:00

    The export certificate choices are:   

    Select the format you want to use:

    DER encoded binary x.509 (.CER)

    Base-64 encoded X.509 (.CER)

    Cryptpgraphic Message Syntax - PKCS #7 Certificates (.P7B)

    Include all certificates in the certification path if possible

    I used first the top one,  but didn't use it.  Then went with the bottom two. That is the format is used.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-08-06T15:17:19+00:00

    You gave me an idea.  I rooted around again and found how to see all the certificates at one area.  I found my brother's.  However there are a host of different ways to export the certificate. I chose the top one. It made a 5 kb file.  Anyhow, then I went into Contacts and imported the file into my brother's contact name.  It took.  Wow.  So I emailed him a regular email. It worked!!!  Next sign and encrypt. It worked BUT it warned that the encryption bit was 40 bit needing to be 168 bit more. Send it anyway it said.  Yes indeed.  It did go. Weak on encryption but it went.  

    The trouble was in his certificate.  In the properties area it lists a short list of things like name and such.  All the areas were checked except two. Name and something else not sure.  Checked the other peoples and theirs are all checked.  So I checked the two on my brothers also. Then exported it to the desktop and the rest is a success.  The longer you live the more you learn.

    Thank you all I think the time of darkness on this issue is over.  Now to find why his encryption bit level is so low.  Maybe I did something wrong when I exported it, if that is possible.

    Thank you again!!! God bless you all

    REN88

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments