Some of the recipients for this message are not valid

Anonymous
2012-04-18T12:05:54+00:00

When creating an email to certain people in my address book I get a window pop up which says "The message could not be sent, Some of the recipients for this message are not valid. Please verify the names." I have verified the certain addresses and they are 100% correct, can you help? Thanks.

Windows 7

Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308)

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-06T19:19:14+00:00

I want to say sorry to the Microsoft folks fro calling Windows Live Mail buggy.  Still I am not sure why there were two places not checked off on my brother's ID but the others were.  Those two little missing marks caused all this brouhaha.

The solution was left side button to get to Options - Safety Options - Security - Digital ID's - other people -  highlight the ID you want then hit Advance.  You will see many check marked items called Certificate Purposes.  All things there should be check marked. If not, then mark it.

That was my problem.  For some unknown reason two of those were unchecked.

I do hope this information can help other people who have a similar problem like I did,

REN88

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2013-06-19T20:01:59+00:00

    I can't even reply to some e-mails ... even though the sender(s) are in my contact list.

    I know it sounds weird, but do these contacts have birthdays? Try removing the birthday data (write it down in case you forget it), then if you're signed in, sign out, wait a few moments for the contacts list to load, then sign in again to load the original contacts list. Now try sending a test message to the contact concerned (assuming you know him well enough to pester him with a test). If you're not signed in, reverse the process (sign in, wait, sign out again). This should ensure that the change you made is written to the contacts database and the new data will be used when you send the test message.

    If there's any difference (i.e. the message is sent successfully), add the birthday data back again and repeat the test.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-06-19T18:18:37+00:00

    Hi critchmom,

     

    I would like to ask if you have tried accessing your account through web mail. If so, do you encounter the same issue?

     

    In the meantime, you can try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if this is caused by corrupted data. Please refer to these steps:

    1. Click Start and select Control Panel.
    2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
    3. Right-click on Windows Live Essentials and select Uninstall/Change.
    4. Click Repair all Windows Live programs.

     

    Thanks!

    I have the same problem. I don't have the problem when using a browser and web mail...only with Windows Live Mail client. I can't even reply to some e-mails, because of the error message, even though the sender(s) are in my contact list.

    I ran the repair procedure described above and it didn't fix the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-11-18T21:03:29+00:00

    Hi critchmom,

    I would like to ask if you have tried accessing your account through web mail. If so, do you encounter the same issue?

    In the meantime, you can try repairing Windows Live Mail to check if this is caused by corrupted data. Please refer to these steps:

    1. Click Start and select Control Panel.
    2. Under Programs, click Uninstall a program.
    3. Right-click on Windows Live Essentials and select Uninstall/Change.
    4. Click Repair all Windows Live programs.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments