Some of the recipients for this message are not valid

Anonymous
2012-04-18T12:05:54+00:00

When creating an email to certain people in my address book I get a window pop up which says "The message could not be sent, Some of the recipients for this message are not valid. Please verify the names." I have verified the certain addresses and they are 100% correct, can you help? Thanks.

Windows 7

Live Mail Version 2011 (Build 15.4.3555.0308)

Windows for home | Other | Email and communications

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-08-06T19:19:14+00:00

I want to say sorry to the Microsoft folks fro calling Windows Live Mail buggy.  Still I am not sure why there were two places not checked off on my brother's ID but the others were.  Those two little missing marks caused all this brouhaha.

The solution was left side button to get to Options - Safety Options - Security - Digital ID's - other people -  highlight the ID you want then hit Advance.  You will see many check marked items called Certificate Purposes.  All things there should be check marked. If not, then mark it.

That was my problem.  For some unknown reason two of those were unchecked.

I do hope this information can help other people who have a similar problem like I did,

REN88

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-06T14:51:19+00:00

    Re-importing the certificate into his contact entry should resolve it (if I'm understanding correctly).

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-06T14:39:06+00:00

    Yes we are but at this time I do not have my brothers certificate.  Due to the problems I have it just disappeared.  Only with my brother's account though.  No one else with a certificate is effected.

    You call it digital signatures --- same thing.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-06T13:53:45+00:00

    Are you and/or your brother using digital signatures?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-08-06T13:40:30+00:00

    Ok  I got the screen shot you want, it shows the errors.  Tried to send email to my brother but no go. Did check names and it passed.  Got the Snipping of the log errors.  Sorry, repeating myself.

    Anyway, take a look. In the private realm....

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments