Ralink/Motorola BC8 Bluetooth 3.0 + HS Adapter not working on windows 8

Anonymous
2012-11-01T04:36:34+00:00

I have a HP dv6 6119tx laptop that had windows 7 pre installed. The Ra link/Motorola BC8 Bluetooth 3.0 + HS Adapter is not working on windows 8, which worked perfect on windows 7, I checked through all HP resources for the drivers and installed the latest one too, but the adapter is not working as desired after the experience I had while working with Bluetooth on Windows 7. Please Help me to make the adapter work properly on windows 8

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-11T19:41:11+00:00

Below solution worked for me

1.       Open Device manager

2.       Right click on Bluetooth driver and click on update

3.       Click on “Browse my computer for driver software”

4.       Click on “Let me pick from a list of driver in my computer”

5.       Un check “Show compatible hardware” checkbox

6.       Select Cambridge silicon Radio Ltd

7.       Select “Generic Bluetooth radio”

8.       Click next

9.       Click finish

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-09T19:36:22+00:00

I have a HP dv6 6119tx laptop that had windows 7 pre installed. The Ra link/Motorola BC8 Bluetooth 3.0 + HS Adapter is not working on windows 8, which worked perfect on windows 7, I checked through all HP resources for the drivers and installed the latest one too, but the adapter is not working as desired after the experience I had while working with Bluetooth on Windows 7. Please Help me to make the adapter work properly on windows 8

Hello All,

Finally the Bluetooth is working for me now. What you need to do is install Motorola RALINK Bluetooth Windows 7 drivers in compatibility mode and check if that does the trick.

Install the driver in Compatibility mode:

a.       Download theMotorola RALINK Bluetooth driver for Windows 7 from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-99320-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4062&product=5239406&query=%20Pavilion%20g6-2016tx&sw_lang=&tool=

b.      Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c.       Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d.      Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select Windows 7 from the drop down list.

e.      Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-03-10T08:44:44+00:00

    hello all,

    I had the same issue with the ralink, on an hp dm1 3130.

    finally i changed the ralink, with a broadcom card found at very low price on ebay. HP part number is

    HP 600370-001

    then the broadcom drivers are here: http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

    for any hp laptop, first go on the hp support page for your laptop, download the maintenance guide to check which other card your laptop will accept. HP locks the bios for accepting only genuine hp spare parts...

    regards

    I just did the same thing, thank you for sharing info.

    Just ordered the same Broadcom card,  HP p/n 600370-001, on eBay. It looks like this one is compatible with Probook 4720s.

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=125&prodSeriesId=4145330&prodTypeId=321957&objectID=c02057769

    I hope it will work correctly.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-03-13T01:05:44+00:00

    hello all,

    I had the same issue with the ralink, on an hp dm1 3130.

    finally i changed the ralink, with a broadcom card found at very low price on ebay. HP part number is

    HP 600370-001

    then the broadcom drivers are here: http://www.broadcom.com/support/bluetooth/update.php

    for any hp laptop, first go on the hp support page for your laptop, download the maintenance guide to check which other card your laptop will accept. HP locks the bios for accepting only genuine hp spare parts...

    regards

    I just did the same thing, thank you for sharing info.

    Just ordered the same Broadcom card,  HP p/n 600370-001, on eBay. It looks like this one is compatible with Probook 4720s.

    http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&taskId=125&prodSeriesId=4145330&prodTypeId=321957&objectID=c02057769

    I hope it will work correctly.

    But if a person has a computer that came with warranty and still valid, your method cannot be used. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-03-24T07:03:06+00:00

    But if a person has a computer that came with warranty and still valid, your method cannot be used. 

    You can order and change your module in authorised service point so there is no problem with warranty. Consult your HP service center for more details.

    My new module is working perfectly :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments