Ralink/Motorola BC8 Bluetooth 3.0 + HS Adapter not working on windows 8

Anonymous
2012-11-01T04:36:34+00:00

I have a HP dv6 6119tx laptop that had windows 7 pre installed. The Ra link/Motorola BC8 Bluetooth 3.0 + HS Adapter is not working on windows 8, which worked perfect on windows 7, I checked through all HP resources for the drivers and installed the latest one too, but the adapter is not working as desired after the experience I had while working with Bluetooth on Windows 7. Please Help me to make the adapter work properly on windows 8

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-11T19:41:11+00:00

Below solution worked for me

1.       Open Device manager

2.       Right click on Bluetooth driver and click on update

3.       Click on “Browse my computer for driver software”

4.       Click on “Let me pick from a list of driver in my computer”

5.       Un check “Show compatible hardware” checkbox

6.       Select Cambridge silicon Radio Ltd

7.       Select “Generic Bluetooth radio”

8.       Click next

9.       Click finish

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-09T19:36:22+00:00

I have a HP dv6 6119tx laptop that had windows 7 pre installed. The Ra link/Motorola BC8 Bluetooth 3.0 + HS Adapter is not working on windows 8, which worked perfect on windows 7, I checked through all HP resources for the drivers and installed the latest one too, but the adapter is not working as desired after the experience I had while working with Bluetooth on Windows 7. Please Help me to make the adapter work properly on windows 8

Hello All,

Finally the Bluetooth is working for me now. What you need to do is install Motorola RALINK Bluetooth Windows 7 drivers in compatibility mode and check if that does the trick.

Install the driver in Compatibility mode:

a.       Download theMotorola RALINK Bluetooth driver for Windows 7 from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-99320-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4062&product=5239406&query=%20Pavilion%20g6-2016tx&sw_lang=&tool=

b.      Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c.       Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d.      Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select Windows 7 from the drop down list.

e.      Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-01-03T03:51:20+00:00

    Hi Mandeep,

    I recently purchased HP G6 2016tx windows 7.

    I upgraded it to Windows 8.

    Mandeep I tried the bluetoth driver that you have shared (Thanks) but it does not work. We have the same laptop make but it does not work for me please halp me out tell me the correct way to install it how did ou install, also there are two file in the zip one is the driver other is a .csa file is it of some use. did you install in compatability mode (i tried this too but no use). Are you able to make full use of the service like able to connect headsets etc...

    I have provided the complete problem below.

    Please note that my Bluetooth device is not working. It was working flawlessly in windows 7 and now no response.

    The error message I get is “ Please turn on the Bluetooth device. Cannot detect Bluetooth audio.”

    I tried to enter the bios/uefi to enable the Bluetooth but there is not option.

    Under the wireless in windows 8  there is no Bluetooth icon switch to turn on / off.

    My HP laptop has only one common physical button this toggles between airplane mode on and off.

    Under Device manager I am able to see Bluetooth device, and right click tells me that this device is working properly.

    By default  under Bluetooth device, it had taken Microsoft generic Enumerator and Microsoft generic adaptor.

    Later I installed the windows 7 device driver (in windows 7 my system had Motorola Ralink Bluetooth 3.0 + HS installed) it got installed but I did not get the Bluetooth icon switch under wireless/ turn on / off wireless.  Also when I entered the bluetooth settings and save any setting error message “ Please turn on the Bluetooth device. Cannot detect and Bluetooth audio” is shown.

    I installed the drivers in windows 7 compatibility mode Motorola Ralink Bluetooth 3.0 + HSgot installed but I did not get the Bluetooth icon switch under wireless/ turn on / off wireless.  Also when I entered the bluetooth settings and save any setting error message “ Please turn on the Bluetooth device. Cannot detect and Bluetooth audio” is shown.

    I checked the services.msc under this I checked the Bluetooth from manual to automatic and restarted the device but  no response. Again I performed the above options but no response. Also worth to mention that I restarted the system each time after the above activity. And also removed the previous drivers before installing the new ones to avoid any layer level clash.

    I also tried the windows 8 troubleshooting options and performed the steps but no success.

    I tried to install other OEM device driver to check if they can handshake with the device. Some of them refused to install. But Ralink Bluetooth 4.0 adapter got installed but I could not perform any Bluetooth related activities like transfer of files or connecting Headset etc, what I observed in other laptops of a similar make was under Bluetooth devices they had Microsoft generic adapters installed and also Ralink Bluetooth 4.0 adapter. But anyways I could not dual install both.


    I also tried some other drivers suggested in other threads but they don’t work.


    I may also request you to check the Motorola Ralink Bluetooth 3.0 + HSdriver file and if you could suggest some registry re entry and installation digital sign check/ uncheck (actually this should not be problem if I install in windows 7 compatibility mode but installing in compatibility mode does not enable the device).


    I am very sure that my device is Motorola Ralink Bluetooth 3.0 + HS because this is what is show in the windows 8 compatibility report which was generated by the windows upgrade assistant; and the report showed that this device is compatible and it does not require any attention, but the reality is it does not show up at all.

    Kind help requested.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-12-12T19:08:13+00:00

    please give me the driver please..I am very upset..my email id is- ******@gmail.com

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-12-12T11:59:48+00:00

    here you go http://sdrv.ms/WPAs4c 

     

    hope it helps

    Still not working mandeeps. :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments