Ralink/Motorola BC8 Bluetooth 3.0 + HS Adapter not working on windows 8

Anonymous
2012-11-01T04:36:34+00:00

I have a HP dv6 6119tx laptop that had windows 7 pre installed. The Ra link/Motorola BC8 Bluetooth 3.0 + HS Adapter is not working on windows 8, which worked perfect on windows 7, I checked through all HP resources for the drivers and installed the latest one too, but the adapter is not working as desired after the experience I had while working with Bluetooth on Windows 7. Please Help me to make the adapter work properly on windows 8

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-11T19:41:11+00:00

Below solution worked for me

1.       Open Device manager

2.       Right click on Bluetooth driver and click on update

3.       Click on “Browse my computer for driver software”

4.       Click on “Let me pick from a list of driver in my computer”

5.       Un check “Show compatible hardware” checkbox

6.       Select Cambridge silicon Radio Ltd

7.       Select “Generic Bluetooth radio”

8.       Click next

9.       Click finish

Was this answer helpful?

40+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2013-05-09T19:36:22+00:00

I have a HP dv6 6119tx laptop that had windows 7 pre installed. The Ra link/Motorola BC8 Bluetooth 3.0 + HS Adapter is not working on windows 8, which worked perfect on windows 7, I checked through all HP resources for the drivers and installed the latest one too, but the adapter is not working as desired after the experience I had while working with Bluetooth on Windows 7. Please Help me to make the adapter work properly on windows 8

Hello All,

Finally the Bluetooth is working for me now. What you need to do is install Motorola RALINK Bluetooth Windows 7 drivers in compatibility mode and check if that does the trick.

Install the driver in Compatibility mode:

a.       Download theMotorola RALINK Bluetooth driver for Windows 7 from the manufacturer’s website and save it on your local disk.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?softwareitem=ob-99320-1&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&os=4062&product=5239406&query=%20Pavilion%20g6-2016tx&sw_lang=&tool=

b.      Right click on the setup file of the driver and select “Properties”.

c.       Select “Compatibility” Tab.

d.      Place a check mark next to “Run this program in Compatibility mode” and select Windows 7 from the drop down list.

e.      Let the driver install and then check the functionality.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

50 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2012-11-10T15:29:51+00:00

    I think I found a working Motorola BT driver: http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4187#dl

    The Windows 7 drivers for that laptop's bluetooth are the same as HP's Ralink/Motorola.

    Gigabyte's Ralink driver uses the default Microsoft bluetooth drivers (make sure to completely remove Motorola drivers and revert to Microsoft default drivers).

    It sometimes hangs during adding a device, but most likely the problem is with Microsoft's driver (this happens with all-default drivers as well).

    From the looks of it, Motorola abandoned developing new drivers and Ralink added a more feature-packed Bluetooth stack that the one installed with WIndows 8.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-11-10T07:33:24+00:00

    Try deleting and removing all Bluetooth garbage, restart computer, re-install adapter, go to drivers, select your own, un-check box, look for   BCM2033 Bluetooth 2.4 GHz Single Chip Transceiver under the Broadcom subtitle.  I have tried everything and this worked. I am not very savvy with technical terms but the the driver that worked in Windows 7 will not work and that is no one has come up with new driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-11-09T17:43:41+00:00

    Having recently "upgraded" my notebook (HP Pavilion dv7-4177nr Entertainment Notebook PC) to Window 8, I am experiencing the same issue.

     

    It has been my experience that HP will never update drivers for new OS releases. They have far too many model numbers to support. If you go to the Official HP site for your model, you will most likely find that Windows 8 is not in the list of supported OS.

    Until now, I've always managed to make some older driver work when upgrading. Unfortunately, the drivers/software for ralink/Motorola will not work for any of us.

    I'm not sure this is so much a Microsoft issue as an HP one.

    From what I understand, the problem is:

    The driver is maintained by Motorola. It uses some Windows Explorer extensions which don't appear in Windows 8 - either because there's an OS version check in the driver (more likely), or it's no longer compatible with Windows 8. The driver actually works pretty well, I was able to send & receive files and pair with devices. HP simply repackages Motorola's driver once Motorola release it, but since Motorola is not doing great, they have more important things to care about than releasing a driver for a discontinued (?) product.

    I was actually able to use the Windows default driver to send/receive files, but it's not as functional as Motorola's and often freeze the entire OS. Unfortunately Motorola uses non-standard APIs so using the Windows default interface with Motorola drivers won't work.

    If Motorola releases a driver (which they haven't) it may be released for other manufacturer's models or newer HP laptops.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments