Where is Microsoft Word located on my computer (Windows 7)?

Anonymous
2011-12-08T14:54:15+00:00

I wanted to open a file with Word but I don't know where it's located. I know I have it installed on my computer.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Apps

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-12-08T15:08:39+00:00

If you really have Word installed then just double-click on the file and it should open in Word.

Alternatively, click on Start-All Programs-Microsoft Office-Microsoft Word

If double-clicking on the file doesn't work ,and the Menu item is not there, then you don't have Word installed.

Was this answer helpful?

200+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-12-08T16:06:13+00:00

And if you type 'Word' in the search programs & files text box does that reveal the Word shortcut?

PS If this is a new PC unless it was supplied with Office Starter then any Word version installed will be a Trial version. Word/Office is not part of win7

Was this answer helpful?

90+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2016-10-11T11:00:34+00:00

Hi Rolando,

To help you out with your concern, we would like to suggest that you checkĀ  this topic Search for the original document on this Article: KB 316951.

Thanks.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

39 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-12-15T15:29:04+00:00

    yes that works, but why can I not see the files?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-30T21:11:54+00:00

    Hi just wanted to thank You, for that information. Thank God for people like you, keep up the Good work. I am not a computer person, but i tell you when i need something in a hurry, just need to look it up in Google.... he direct's us in the right path.

    Thank you again.

    Char:

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments