Help with High Def Audio Driver and Win 8

Anonymous
2012-11-17T07:45:57+00:00

I installed Windows 8 - wiped out the programs and kept the personal info.  Now I dont have any sound. 

Checked the device drivers and the High Definition Audio Driver isnt working or was not installed.  I deleted the one that was there and rebooted.  Still wont work!  I cant seem to find a driver that will work. I tried updating the driver and it could find any on the pc or internet.  It was working under Vista and Win 7..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks, Dave

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-06-02T12:22:06+00:00

    Which NVidia references are you referring to?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-06-02T13:05:50+00:00

    g'mornin'

    In my post of May 30.  

    It's at the top of page 4 (at least on my view).  It has the arrows and circles showing the realtek properties looking for nvidia drivers. I went to extensive (so I thought) means to rid my PC of the nvidia stuff.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-06-05T02:46:14+00:00

    Can you provide an updated msinfo (.nfo) file?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-06-06T03:04:26+00:00

    * link removed by Eloh *

    6mb+

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-06-08T15:48:46+00:00

    The NVIDIA references appears to be related to a NVIDIA GeForce 6800 LE according to the following link:

    http://www.pcidatabase.com/search.php?device_search_str=0042&device_search.x=0&device_search.y=0

    Do you had such a video card installed?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments