Help with High Def Audio Driver and Win 8

Anonymous
2012-11-17T07:45:57+00:00

I installed Windows 8 - wiped out the programs and kept the personal info.  Now I dont have any sound. 

Checked the device drivers and the High Definition Audio Driver isnt working or was not installed.  I deleted the one that was there and rebooted.  Still wont work!  I cant seem to find a driver that will work. I tried updating the driver and it could find any on the pc or internet.  It was working under Vista and Win 7..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks, Dave

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-12T10:57:41+00:00

    Append to reply a few minutes ago. (anticipating your next question..??)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-12T10:45:08+00:00

    Auggy,

    Thanks for your response.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-12T01:50:49+00:00

    Hi ELOHMcDonald,

    Can you check the following registry key:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class{4D36E96C-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

    At that registry key, in the right window, is there, under "Name", either an UpperFilters or LowerFilters value?

    If so, for each of the UpperFilters and/or LowerFilters value, what is listed under "Data"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-12T01:16:16+00:00

    The link to http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/default.aspx

    did not turn up any search results on various/similar descriptions high definition audio drivers.

    I have tried 3 sound cards using the: C-Media PCI [CMI8738 ChipSet], The on-board Realtek, and the Via [vt1723/Envy24] PCI. They all seem to load quite different drivers. I clean my registry and reinstall over and over. same results.  Uninstall removing all drivers and let the windows discovery install it. NOTHING works.

    I suspect this b/c the HD Audio driver is the only common item between them.  It will always have the yellow "!" as does the hardware audio device.   They both say:

    Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

    {Unable to Load Device Driver}

    %hs device driver could not be loaded.

    Error Status was 0x%x

    Hardware IDs (using the C-media - which worked for quite a while)

    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0042&SUBSYS_103C0967&REV_1001

    HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0042&SUBSYS_103C0967

    Win 8.1. Compaq/HP 7700

    Tnx

    Soundless in the South.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-04-19T12:18:58+00:00

    Hi seetapathipathi,

    That appears to be "Intel HDMI Audio Chip":

    http://www.pcidatabase.com/search.php?device_search_str=2807&device_search=Search

    This audio driver should be included with the Intel graphics driver.

    If you have a matching device try the following driver:

    https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=23714

    Alternatively try the following utility from Intel to check for driver updates:

    http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/detect

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments