Help with High Def Audio Driver and Win 8

Anonymous
2012-11-17T07:45:57+00:00

I installed Windows 8 - wiped out the programs and kept the personal info.  Now I dont have any sound. 

Checked the device drivers and the High Definition Audio Driver isnt working or was not installed.  I deleted the one that was there and rebooted.  Still wont work!  I cant seem to find a driver that will work. I tried updating the driver and it could find any on the pc or internet.  It was working under Vista and Win 7..

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  Thanks, Dave

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T17:50:49+00:00

    That the USB works would tend to indicate the problem is not at that registry key.

    The other two sound devices are sill giving the "Code 39".

    There appears to be warnings in the Event Viewer concerning drivers fro various devices not loading.

    Can you try a "clean boot" and see if it makes a difference:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

    Return to a Normal Startup afterwards.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T14:13:37+00:00

    Got hold of a USB (borrowed) and it worked - I'm gonna try to aggravate it some today (boot, etc)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-05-14T11:44:31+00:00

    I have the files and have deleted then from your OneDrive folder.

    I'll take a look at them and get back to you.

    I can't delete your post.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-05-13T23:26:14+00:00

    There was no default filtering for custom view. I created one that I thought may be of use. IF NOT, gimme the parameters you want and I'll check them off (18mb).   That, and the info file (8mb), are in:

    ** REMOVED **

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-05-13T16:37:34+00:00

    It may help if you could provide the following info:

    Windows key + S > type msinfo32.exeand press "Enter" > File > Save > then save as an .nfo file

    Then make the resulting .nfo file available via a public folder on OneDrive or similar site.

    Also, can you do the following?:

    Windows key + S > type eventvwr.exe and press "Enter"  > expand "Custom Views" and then right-click "Administrative Events" > select "Save all events in Custom View As" and save as an .evtx file

    Then make the resulting .evtx file available via a public folder on OneDrive or similar site.

    Here's a couple of links on using OneDrive (SkyDrive):

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/skydrive/add-photos-files-faq

    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/onedrive/share-file-folder

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments