I am having the same problem.
the following is listed under "value":
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807&SUBSYS_1179FA30&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807&SUBSYS_1179FA30
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I installed Windows 8 - wiped out the programs and kept the personal info. Now I dont have any sound.
Checked the device drivers and the High Definition Audio Driver isnt working or was not installed. I deleted the one that was there and rebooted. Still wont work! I cant seem to find a driver that will work. I tried updating the driver and it could find any on the pc or internet. It was working under Vista and Win 7..
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks, Dave
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I am having the same problem.
the following is listed under "value":
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807&SUBSYS_1179FA30&REV_1000
HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_8086&DEV_2807&SUBSYS_1179FA30
Also, in the Device Manager can you right-click the high definition audio device > Properties > Details, then choose "Hardware Ids" from the drop-down menu under "Property".
What is listed under "Value"?
HI DaveRay59,
Thank you for posting in Microsoft community!
I am sorry to hear that you have issue with sound in Windows 8. I will definitely help you with this.
What is the make and model of the computer?
You can download the High Def Audio Driver here is the link
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/default.aspx
Let’s follow the steps from the following link and check if it helps.
If you’re unable to overcome the issue try installing the drivers in Windows 7 compatibility mode
Follow the Steps:
Set the default playback device as Speakers:
a. Click on Start and then click on Control Panel.
b. Click Hardware and Sound and then Click on Sounds.
c. Under Playback tab, right click on the empty area and make sure “Show Disabled Devices” has a check mark on it. If Speakers are disabled, it will now show up in the list.
d. Right click on the device and select “Set as Default”. Click OK.
Please post back if you have any questions. I will be glad to provide you with the additional options available that you can utilize to get the issue resolved.