How do I mass delete junk mail in Hotmail on Windows 8?

Anonymous
2012-11-22T20:52:08+00:00

How can I mass delete emails from my junk and deleted folder?  Takes too long to highlight and delete 7 or 8 at a time.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-11-24T13:51:42+00:00

Hi atomikbomb,

Certainly, there is an option of delete all of these emails in the Junk and deleted folders. There are two ways of going about manually- which means, you have to perform yourself the steps below:

  1. After signing in to your account, go to each of this folder.
  2. On the top of these emails, tick the box before the word ALL.
  3. Click delete menu above Junk or Deleted folder.

Another way to do it manually is doing the following steps:

  1. Hover the mouse cursor over the folder.
  2. Right click and choose empty folder.

Thanks!

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-04-10T00:24:32+00:00

    Thanks SimonPeter_T

    I tried the second option - hovered over the folder I wanted to delete - right clicked and a menu came up along the bottom of my screen - in which I chose folder options and then empty folder!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-04-15T01:53:38+00:00

    select the top email with your mouse, then press shift and down arrow, this selects all your email as it scrolls down, when its all selected, press delete.

    I just deleted over 999 junk mail in 2 or 3 minutes, then I had to do it again in the delete folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-04-15T08:35:44+00:00

    thanks very much I had 632 

    messages in delete box ,now all empty.

    Your answer is for Webmail, not for the Windows 8 Mail App.  

    To mass delete items in each folder from the Windows 8 Mail app, click on the first email, then do Ctrl+A and it will highlight all messages, then just click on the Trash Can Icon to delete them all.  If you are deleting from the Sent folder, Drafts folder or Junk folder, you will then have to repeat the process in the Deleted folder.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-04-16T00:06:32+00:00

    yeh, im talking about the win 8 mail app, control + A didn't work for me, probably because I had over 999 emails in the junk folder, but I did notice that control + A worked in another folder with less than 30 odd emails in it, so if one doesn't work the other will..

    its a lot quicker than holding down the delete button eh... hee hee hee...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments