How do I mass delete junk mail in Hotmail on Windows 8?

Anonymous
2012-11-22T20:52:08+00:00

How can I mass delete emails from my junk and deleted folder?  Takes too long to highlight and delete 7 or 8 at a time.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-11-24T13:51:42+00:00

Hi atomikbomb,

Certainly, there is an option of delete all of these emails in the Junk and deleted folders. There are two ways of going about manually- which means, you have to perform yourself the steps below:

  1. After signing in to your account, go to each of this folder.
  2. On the top of these emails, tick the box before the word ALL.
  3. Click delete menu above Junk or Deleted folder.

Another way to do it manually is doing the following steps:

  1. Hover the mouse cursor over the folder.
  2. Right click and choose empty folder.

Thanks!

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2013-08-20T19:22:17+00:00

    I ACTUALLY DID THIS JUST NOW, I HAD OVER 1000 JUNK EMAILS. FIRST I TRIED CTL+A ON TOP OF THE 'JUNK' FOLDER, IT DIDN'T WORK, THEN I TRIED IT AFTER CLICKING ON THE FIRST EMAIL IN THE FOLDER (CTL+A), HIT DELETE, OF COURSE, AND IT WORKED!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-08-20T19:18:04+00:00

    THIS WORKS!!! THANK YOU SO SO MUCH!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-08-03T00:44:18+00:00

    I do all of that except when I hit the trash/delete button all of the highlited junk emails do go to deleted but very quickly they all go back to the junk folder. I cannot get rid of them (frustration)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-08-02T20:42:00+00:00

    When I hit ctrl A all of the items in the junk file light up but when I hit delete they all go to deleted initially but will immediately return all deleted junk items back to the junk file. What gives??

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments