How do I mass delete junk mail in Hotmail on Windows 8?

Anonymous
2012-11-22T20:52:08+00:00

How can I mass delete emails from my junk and deleted folder?  Takes too long to highlight and delete 7 or 8 at a time.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Internet and connectivity

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2012-11-24T13:51:42+00:00

Hi atomikbomb,

Certainly, there is an option of delete all of these emails in the Junk and deleted folders. There are two ways of going about manually- which means, you have to perform yourself the steps below:

  1. After signing in to your account, go to each of this folder.
  2. On the top of these emails, tick the box before the word ALL.
  3. Click delete menu above Junk or Deleted folder.

Another way to do it manually is doing the following steps:

  1. Hover the mouse cursor over the folder.
  2. Right click and choose empty folder.

Thanks!

Was this answer helpful?

10 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2018-01-03T01:27:05+00:00

    Hi atomikbomb,

    Certainly, there is an option of delete all of these emails in the Junk and deleted folders. There are two ways of going about manually- which means, you have to perform yourself the steps below:

    1. After signing in to your account, go to each of this folder.
    2. On the top of these emails, tick the box before the word ALL.
    3. Click delete menu above Junk or Deleted folder.

    Another way to do it manually is doing the following steps:

    1. Hover the mouse cursor over the folder.
    2. Right click and choose empty folder.

    Thanks!

    Want,to delete

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-09-12T20:26:34+00:00

    Q: I HAVE HUNDREDS OF JUNK AND DELETED MAIL I WANT TO GET RID OF ALL AT ONCE. HOW DO I ACHIEVE IT FOR OLD HOTMAIL?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2016-12-06T21:00:39+00:00

    I have Windows 10 on new iPhone 6

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2015-09-29T21:14:14+00:00

    If I right click any of these trash or bulk mail folders, I only have 2 options: Add to Favorites or Pin to Start. Where is the delete button????????????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments