The link to the files does not appear to work.
Make sure the files are in a "public folder" "shared with everyone":
Right-click the folder with the files > Share > Get a link > Make Public
Then copy and paste the link here.
Can you try this, please?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm trying to fix a problem with my Dad's computer, he advised that he couldn't connect to the internet anymore. When I took a look, the Network icon in the system tray says 'Not Connected - No Connections Available'.
After alot of faffing and searching on the net, I stumbled across the Device Manager and found that all of the Network Drivers have a Code 31 error. Then I noticed below these, that there is another error for an 'Unknown Device' which has a Code 28 error. On the Details tab in Properties for the Unknown Device, the Values state '00000040' and 'CONFIGFLAG_FAILEDINSTALL'.
Everything was working fine before, please can someone point me in the right direction?
I have attempted to update the Network Drivers to no avail. Obviously I would try to update the 'Unknown Device' if I knew what an earth it was!
Thank you very much in advance.
The computer is a Dell Vostro 1015 laptop with Windows 7.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
The link to the files does not appear to work.
Make sure the files are in a "public folder" "shared with everyone":
Right-click the folder with the files > Share > Get a link > Make Public
Then copy and paste the link here.
Can you try this, please?
I have the .evtx file now but need the .nfo file.
Here are the instructions again for providing the .nfo file:
Start > type msinfo32 in the "Search programs and files" box and press "Enter" > File > Save > then save as an .nfo file
Then make the resulting .nfo file available via Windows Live SkyDrive .
Hi magjoseki738,
Can you locate the "Unknown Device" in the Device Manager and right-click the device > Properties > Details, then choose "Device Instance Path" from the drop-down menu under "Property".
What is listed?
Please see if this link works:
I have the .evtx file now but need the .nfo file.
Here are the instructions again for providing the .nfo file:
Start > type msinfo32 in the "Search programs and files" box and press "Enter" > File > Save > then save as an .nfo file
Then make the resulting .nfo file available via Windows Live SkyDrive .
Please see if this link works:
I have the .evtx file now but need the .nfo file.
Here are the instructions again for providing the .nfo file:
Start > type msinfo32 in the "Search programs and files" box and press "Enter" > File > Save > then save as an .nfo file
Then make the resulting .nfo file available via Windows Live SkyDrive .
Please see if this link works: