Unknown Device (Code 28) - All Network Drivers (Code 31)

Anonymous
2012-02-22T21:49:35+00:00

I'm trying to fix a problem with my Dad's computer, he advised that he couldn't connect to the internet anymore. When I took a look, the Network icon in the system tray says 'Not Connected - No Connections Available'.

After alot of faffing and searching on the net, I stumbled across the Device Manager and found that all of the Network Drivers have a Code 31 error. Then I noticed below these, that there is another error for an 'Unknown Device' which has a Code 28 error. On the Details tab in Properties for the Unknown Device, the Values state '00000040' and 'CONFIGFLAG_FAILEDINSTALL'.

Everything was working fine before, please can someone point me in the right direction?

I have attempted to update the Network Drivers to no avail. Obviously I would try to update the 'Unknown Device' if I knew what an earth it was!

Thank you very much in advance.

The computer is a Dell Vostro 1015 laptop with Windows 7.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2014-02-22T22:58:08+00:00

    00000040

    CONFIGFLAG_FAILEDINSTALL

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2013-10-31T11:53:32+00:00

    Hi M Leary,

    It may be the ASUS Wireless Radio Control according to the following link:

    http://rog.asus.com/forum/printthread.php?t=25165&pp=10&page=1

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2013-10-30T11:39:29+00:00

    ROOT\KERNEL\0117

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2013-05-26T21:54:31+00:00

    You're welcome, and good luck!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2013-05-26T15:27:31+00:00

    At this point I might suggest you start a new topic on your issues.

     

    You may need specialized and individualized help.

    OK. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments