Many thanks again. Here are answers/questions/comments to the last 5 messages you sent me:
- I use a laptop. There is only 1 user, myself. I use an internal keyboard, never tried an external one. I will have to buy a new and bigger drive.
- I've run Disk Cleanup. I never tamper with the System Restore point but I set it to today anyway.
- Do you suggest or not running the cCleaner? Wasn't clear to me when you wrote "Do not use this tool ..."
- I don't use Outlook Express, just regular public email accounts.
- I've set the default allocation to System Restore
to 1056 mb.
- I've set the default setting for temporary internet files to 125MB. But I still clean them a couple of times every day.
- The default allocation for the Recycle Bin is set to 5%.
- Regarding the C partition - wanted to make sure I understand it correctly. Or maybe you can elaborate on this one. I open the My Computer folder and click on C drive. There I have several folders: bfat, Config.Msi, dell, Documents and Settings,
drivers, i386, Jts, My Documents, My Downloads, My Audio, Program Files, Windows. I should click each one individually, right click and send to Compressed Folder. Right?
9) Below is the Disk Defragmenter report. The Analysis mentioned I do not need to defragment this volume.
Volume (C:)
Volume size = 71.36 GB
Cluster size = 4 KB
Used space = 66.13 GB
Free space = 5.22 GB
Percent free space = 7 %
Volume fragmentation
Total fragmentation = 6 %
File fragmentation = 10 %
Free space fragmentation = 2 %
File fragmentation
Total files = 79,455
Average file size = 1 MB
Total fragmented files = 5,088
Total excess fragments = 59,598
Average fragments per file = 1.75
Pagefile fragmentation
Pagefile size = 1.31 GB
Total fragments = 1
Folder fragmentation
Total folders = 9,652
Fragmented folders = 90
Excess folder fragments = 241
Master File Table (MFT) fragmentation
Total MFT size = 104 MB
MFT record count = 89,651
Percent MFT in use = 84 %
Total MFT fragments = 13
Fragments File Size Most fragmented files
2,802 198 MB \Documents and Settings\RUSTY\Local Settings\Temp\fla22.tmp
2,196 197 MB \Documents and Settings\RUSTY\Local Settings\Temp\fla1E.tmp
1,794 49 MB \Documents and Settings\RUSTY\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h3vapexu.default\urlclassifier3.sqlite
1,723 151 MB \Documents and Settings\RUSTY\Local Settings\Temp\flaD.tmp
1,548 660 MB \Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Google Desktop\8f8d59adc5ca\rpm.cf1
1,523 19 MB \WINDOWS\Temp\TiInst\_Trend_Vizor_Setup_S-1-5-21-4250241909-1165137038-2103682477-1007.log
1,454 660 MB \Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Google Desktop\8f8d59adc5ca\rpm1m.cf1
1,389 87 MB \Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\iaudata\_filedir\828950_c421ef92-7835-4947-af39-7a63d62013a4.7z
1,113 103 MB \Documents and Settings\RUSTY\Local Settings\Temp\fla31.tmp
1,103 158 MB \Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\lpt$vpn.245
1,026 89 MB \Documents and Settings\RUSTY\Local Settings\Temp\fla14.tmp
1,024 82 MB \Documents and Settings\RUSTY\Local Settings\Temp\flaF.tmp
1,006 90 MB \Documents and Settings\RUSTY\Local Settings\Temp\fla12.tmp
950 17 MB \WINDOWS\Temp\TiInst\_AMSP_INST_-2011-03-26.log
814 30 MB \Program Files\Trend Micro(2)\AMSP\debug\Amsp_DebugLog.log
813 50 MB \Program Files\Trend Micro(2)\AMSP\debug\Amsp_DebugLog.log.7.bak
746 38 MB \Documents and Settings\RUSTY\Local Settings\Temp\fla8A.tmp
715 63 MB \Documents and Settings\RUSTY\Local Settings\Temp\fla17.tmp
699 50 MB \Program Files\Trend Micro(2)\AMSP\debug\Amsp_DebugLog.log.9.bak
698 50 MB \Program Files\Trend Micro(2)\AMSP\debug\Amsp_DebugLog.log.1.bak
686 30 MB \Documents and Settings\RUSTY\Local Settings\Temp\fla8B.tmp
639 50 MB \Program Files\Trend Micro(2)\AMSP\debug\Amsp_DebugLog.log.8.bak
596 23 MB \WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\sp3.cab
585 50 MB \Documents and Settings\RUSTY\Local Settings\Temp\fla8F.tmp
546 220 MB \Documents and Settings\Owner\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Google Desktop\8f8d59adc5ca\fii.cf1
536 55 MB \Program Files\LimeWire\lib\LimeWire.jar
500 50 MB \Program Files\Trend Micro(2)\AMSP\debug\Amsp_DebugLog.log.5.bak
475 36 MB \Documents and Settings\RUSTY\Local Settings\Temp\flaC9.tmp
451 36 MB \Documents and Settings\RUSTY\Local Settings\Temp\fla5E.tmp
450 40 MB \Documents and Settings\RUSTY\Local Settings\Temp\fla2F.tmp
- Regarding the Fn+Ctrl+F11, I will probably wait till I hear what you have to say about what I've written here.
- Regarding the malware, what's the difference between p.1 and p.2 you wrote (Superantispyware etc. vs. Norton/Avira Antivir). In other words, do I need to have 1 program from each of these 2 points? I assume you need to choose just one program under
each point so there is no conflict between them, right? It's either superantispyware or malwarebytes, correct?
Look forward to the next message.