I have to restart my print spooler each time I print

Anonymous
2011-11-14T22:04:02+00:00

Original Title: Printer Spooler

I've got a problem with my printer spooler. I can restart it but it always shuts off when I go to print something.  I went to programs/features and clicked turn features on/off and under printer documentation services the LPD and LPR, and fax/scan are selected. Internet client is not checked.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-13T07:26:50+00:00

    I downloaded the fix it tool and ran it but I can't tell if it did anything. Is that how it works?

    Yes.

    Disconnect the printer. Uninstall the software for your Pixma MG2120 and reinstall the drivers from the link below. Reconnect the printer, restart your computer and test.

    http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/printers_multifunction/pixma_mg_series/pixma_mg2120#DriversAndSoftware

    Please use Autoruns to delete 1 entry where the words “File not found” appear. With Autoruns you can uncheck an item, which disables it from starting, or you can right click an item and then delete it. Click the Everything tab and look for the rows highlighted in yellow.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-16T18:52:34+00:00

    My problem was solved by physically replacing my usb port.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2015-08-24T06:10:58+00:00

    Hi,

    try to look at this directory:

    C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS

    If it is not empty - delete all the files in this directory and restart the printer spooler service.

    LC

    I had checked folder its empty, then also every time i am restarting print spooler service for print

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-04-11T05:32:57+00:00

    What if it is already empty?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2017-04-11T07:43:31+00:00

    Hi James,

    For us to better understand your query, we'd like to know the following information:

    • What is happening to the Print Spooler?
    • What Windows Server are you using?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you made any recent changes?

    We look forward to your response.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments