I have to restart my print spooler each time I print

Anonymous
2011-11-14T22:04:02+00:00

Original Title: Printer Spooler

I've got a problem with my printer spooler. I can restart it but it always shuts off when I go to print something.  I went to programs/features and clicked turn features on/off and under printer documentation services the LPD and LPR, and fax/scan are selected. Internet client is not checked.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2014-04-09T22:04:55+00:00

    Our apartment complex provides internet to all of its tenents. So yes there are many computers connected through the same router. 

    Although, we don't print through the router. I connect directly with the printer cable through my usb port. Also, my wife's computer doesn't have a problem with printing at all. Its only my computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2014-04-10T08:07:39+00:00

    Please provide a copy of your System Information file. Type System Information in the Search Box above the start Button and press the ENTER key (alternative is Select Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, System Information). Select File, Export and give the file a name noting where it is located. Do not place the cursor within the body of the report before exporting the file. The system creates a new System Information file each time system information is accessed. You need to allow a minute or two for the file to be fully populated before exporting a copy. Please upload to your OneDrive (formerly Sky Drive), share with everyone and post a link here. Reports in normal mode preferred. Please say if the report has been obtained in safe mode.

    Please upload and share with everyone copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer to your OneDrive and post a link here.

    To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window expand Windows Logs and select System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files. Do not clear logs whilst you have a continuing problem.

    For help with OneDrive see paragraph 9.3:

    http://www.gerryscomputertips.co.uk/MicrosoftCommunity1.htm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2014-04-11T17:10:06+00:00

    This should be a link to all three files requested. All reports were obtained in normal mode.

    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DA7AD86617BDA845%21183

    Thank you for your help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-11T18:19:19+00:00

    What anti-virus software is installed?

    To identify what loads when you boot use Autoruns (freeware from Microsoft).

    http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902

    Select File, Save, change the “Save as type” to Text file type using the Scroll to the right and click Save. Please upload the file to your OneDrive as a shared file and post as a link here.

    To eliminate recurring Event ID: 10 errors in your Application log please run the Fix it in this KB Article

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2545227

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-04-13T01:20:52+00:00

    I use avast antivirus. The free home edition.

    I downloaded the fix it tool and ran it but I can't tell if it did anything. Is that how it works?

    Here is the link.

    https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DA7AD86617BDA845%21185

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments