I have to restart my print spooler each time I print

Anonymous
2011-11-14T22:04:02+00:00

Original Title: Printer Spooler

I've got a problem with my printer spooler. I can restart it but it always shuts off when I go to print something.  I went to programs/features and clicked turn features on/off and under printer documentation services the LPD and LPR, and fax/scan are selected. Internet client is not checked.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-11-17T20:56:00+00:00

    Oh, thank you.

    Maybe you can try download and install the latest Adobe Flash player and Adobe Shockwave player. Here is the link (choose your language and system):

    Adobe Flash player - http://get.adobe.com/cz/flashplayer/

    Adobe Shockwave player - http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/

    LC

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-11-17T21:25:13+00:00

    James

    Try changing from Adobe Reader to Foxit Reader. That may solve the problem. For most people the problem seem to be printing pdf files or web site pages. There have been inconclusive discussions of this problem in Adobe forums for something like 2 years .

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-11-17T22:26:39+00:00

    Thanks.  It can't hurt any.  I'll get back if it took care of the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2014-04-08T04:05:05+00:00

    I know its been a while but I was hoping to get some help with a similar issue. I am running windows 7 x64 and trying to print to a canon pixma mg2120 from Word. If I go into services and check my print spooler it says that it is "started" and is set up for automatic start up. If I restart the spooler it will print the document that had previously been stuck as "printing" but not actually printing.

    I have emptied the PRINTERS folder previously mentioned. This has given me no luck.  It did have two files in it FP00001.SHD and FP00001.SPL. They show up whenever I try to print something but disappear when I cancel the document. I assume this means it is working properly.

    I have also tried to re-install adobe shockwave and flash players with no luck.

    I have also re-installed the drivers for the printer many times to no avail.

    Also as a side note. I visit my parents quite often and can use their Brother printers with no problem. This is the only printer that I have this problem but unfortunately it is the only printer in my own home.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2014-04-08T07:59:41+00:00

    Do you have more than one computer connected to the internet router?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments