I guess when it says IE (no add-ons) on the menu, it must mean there are some disabled but not all. Even though it says no add-ons, when I enabled the flash player, I could see the missing objects on sites. So as of now I'm assuming all the enabled add-ons are running with the exception of the few that are disabled.
I have to restart my print spooler each time I print
Original Title: Printer Spooler
I've got a problem with my printer spooler. I can restart it but it always shuts off when I go to print something. I went to programs/features and clicked turn features on/off and under printer documentation services the LPD and LPR, and fax/scan are selected. Internet client is not checked.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Anonymous
2011-11-16T16:23:25+00:00 -
Anonymous
2011-11-16T22:22:17+00:00 I'm sorry, when I wrote "WEB address", I thought "WWW address" of your web mail.
Just for an explanation:
When you run the "Internet Explorer (no add-ons)", then always all add-ons are disabled - and no matter what is written in the add-ons window.
Note - "add-ons window" is used only when you run the Internet Explorer in the "Normal mode".
So If you write - .... always worked fine with the computer up until a week ago....., then you can try to run "System Restore":
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-is-System-Restore
and the date choose, when your computer worked OK.
Did you try to print something from another site? Can you write here the site (WWW address), which has the problem with printing ?
LC
-
Anonymous
2011-11-16T23:23:19+00:00 LC, I did try two system restores a few days back and that didn't help the problem any. The only printing (internet based) I tried was printing email. Never tried printing from another site but will try that tomorrow morning. Thank you!
-
Anonymous
2011-11-16T23:53:13+00:00 LC, just tried printing something off a web site other than email and the printer printed. I'm going to try it on another web site now. OK, tried printing something from another web site and again it printed OK. Must be something in my email program that's causing this. I'm using Yahoo Mail. I do have a Google Mail Account as well and tomorrow I'll try and print an email from Google and see what happens. But do keep in mind that I couldn't print anything until you so graciously shared your time to help me get this working. If Google faults out the spooler, I guess I can live without printing email and if I really need to, I can copy/paste into Word and then print it. Thank you very much.
-
Anonymous
2011-11-17T14:09:36+00:00 I went to my Gmail account and I was able to print out an email. It appears that Yahoo Mail is the only culprit remaining that is causing problems with the print spooler. I can easily live with that as I rarely print out emails and should I need to, I'll just copy and paste. It's sure nice to have some very smart people willing to help others with computer problems. What a great site!
James