I have to restart my print spooler each time I print

Anonymous
2011-11-14T22:04:02+00:00

Original Title: Printer Spooler

I've got a problem with my printer spooler. I can restart it but it always shuts off when I go to print something.  I went to programs/features and clicked turn features on/off and under printer documentation services the LPD and LPR, and fax/scan are selected. Internet client is not checked.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-11-16T00:51:25+00:00

    I understood you LC.  I just checked again and the add-ons are disabled.  It says IE running without add-ons.  In the menu it reads "Internet Explorer (no add-ons)".

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-11-16T14:56:49+00:00

    OK, so you ran from the menu "Internet Explorer (no add-ons)", then you wrote the WEB address of your WEBmail into the running "Internet Explorer (no add-ons)" and tried to print something from your WEBmail, but it was not sucessfull, wasn't it?

    Can you try only run  from the menu "Internet Explorer (no add-ons)" and then press CTRL+P, choose your printer and print it? - Does it work or not?

    If it does not work, can you write here the manufacturer and the model number of your printer ?

    LC

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-11-16T15:15:56+00:00

    LC, I didn't see anywhere where I could write in my email address in the add on window.  I did look at the add-ons and saw that Shockwave Flash Player and disabled that.  That was one of the problem files in the spooler window.  I don't get something though, in the menu it says add-ons disabled, but in the add-on window, most of them are enabled.  Does the "add-ons disabled" in the menu just mean that some of them are disabled but not all.  I'm going to try printing an email with that Shockwave disabled and see if that doesn't do the trick.   The printer is a Canon MP990 which always worked fine with the computer up until a week ago.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-11-16T15:38:28+00:00

    OK, I disabled the Shockwave Flash and restarted the PC.  Tried to print an email and the print screen came up but just before the printer starts the spooler stops.  Went to safe start and here is what's always in the C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS window after the spooler stops.

    Lock symbol - FP 00000.SHD

    Lock symbol - FP 00000 Shockwave Flash

    PP dno5ck44hopo86mocugrgn 2pd.TMP

    PP 9x09u25k_mok60adba39ug7_d. TMP

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2011-11-16T15:55:37+00:00

    I'm going to have to enable the Shockwave or all the add-ons.  Since doing that, I cannot see some things on web sites.  Keeps telling me I need Adobe Flash player to view.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments