I have to restart my print spooler each time I print

Anonymous
2011-11-14T22:04:02+00:00

Original Title: Printer Spooler

I've got a problem with my printer spooler. I can restart it but it always shuts off when I go to print something.  I went to programs/features and clicked turn features on/off and under printer documentation services the LPD and LPR, and fax/scan are selected. Internet client is not checked.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2011-11-15T21:54:04+00:00

    Another update. As long as I'm printing computer based documents there are no files in

    C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTER directory (if that's what it's called). I think the Shockwave Flash Player is putting **** in there when I go to print off the internet. I'm going to delete that program and see what happens.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2011-11-15T21:56:15+00:00

    Now this is getting real weird.  There is no Shockwave Flash Player installed on my machine but that is one of the files in the directory when I print from the internet.  Mmmmmmm

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2011-11-15T22:47:51+00:00

    OK,

    so to the problem "g program not found - skipping autocheck." - run regedit.exe (click Start  and into the seach box write regedit and from "Programs" double click on the "regedit.exe").

    Then goto:

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\Session Manager

    where you will see the line with the name "BootExecute", which should contain this:

    autocheck autochk *

    see the picture:

    https://skydrive.live.com/#!/?cid=23fd66efd8d06b76&sc=photos&id=23FD66EFD8D06B76%21113!cid=23FD66EFD8D06B76&id=23FD66EFD8D06B76%21172&sc=photos

    you will find its set to g: something, so change it to "autocheck autochk *"

    If I understand you well - now you have only the problem with printing from the Internet Explorer, havn't you?

    If yes, you can try to run the Internet Explorer without addons and test the printing:

    Click the Start button , click All Programs, click Accessories, click System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).

    LC

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2011-11-15T23:52:23+00:00

    OK, I did the above and "g" was in there so I deleted it and all that's left is what you said.  IE is already running with no add ons.  I'm going to restart the computer now and see if I can print off the internet.  By the way, where in the heck did you learn all that stuff.  I've been to places on my computer I haven't seen before.  I certainly would not want to screw around on my own.  I can see where you could get into big trouble. 

    OK, rebooted the PC and printed a computer based document.  Then went to print an email off the internet and  the spooler stopped and the spool directory filled up again.  That Shockwave item was in there again but not as many other items.  The "g" program not found did not come up also.

    Went back to safe mode and deleted the files in that directory, and restarted the PC.  So, still cannot print anything off the net without the spool directory/file getting those files put in and shutting down the print spooler.  At least I can print off the computer, a major improvement that I thank you for LC.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2011-11-16T00:24:55+00:00

    OK, I hope we understood well - after reboot you have to run again the Internet Explorer ​​without add-ons - it is only temporary exclusion of the add-ons. If you start the Internet Explorer normally after reboot then all the add-ons are loaded.

    LC

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments