I have to restart my print spooler each time I print

Anonymous
2011-11-14T22:04:02+00:00

Original Title: Printer Spooler

I've got a problem with my printer spooler. I can restart it but it always shuts off when I go to print something.  I went to programs/features and clicked turn features on/off and under printer documentation services the LPD and LPR, and fax/scan are selected. Internet client is not checked.

Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-10-19T15:00:55+00:00

    Deleted all the files in safe mode. Restarted system in normal mode, same problem. Must restart Print Spooler every time a file is to be printed. A new issue in the last 10 days or so.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-12-20T18:51:34+00:00

    Me too. I've pinned services to my taskbar so I can stop and restart the print spooler every time I want to print (after my laptop has put itself to sleep).

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments