OK,
try to use "msconfig" utility to run Windows in "Safe mode". Here is how to do it:
it is necessary to delete all files from the spooler.
LC
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Original Title: Printer Spooler
I've got a problem with my printer spooler. I can restart it but it always shuts off when I go to print something. I went to programs/features and clicked turn features on/off and under printer documentation services the LPD and LPR, and fax/scan are selected. Internet client is not checked.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
OK,
try to use "msconfig" utility to run Windows in "Safe mode". Here is how to do it:
it is necessary to delete all files from the spooler.
LC
More information if needed. On the turn windows features on/off. I checked the Print and Document Services and the following are checked.
Internet Print Client
LPD Print Service
LPR Port Monitor
Windows fax and scan
Should these all be checked?
In the C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS....I keep deleting the files that it will allow me to, but they always come back on restart. Also, my computer is a Dell and only a little over a year old. I also tried doing a restore to an earlier date and that didn't help either. Also tried the PC Cleaner software to clean up the machine and that did nothing as well although it cleaned up over 1000 unnecessary files.
Oh, and yes I am using Acrobat Reader, version 10.1.1.
For some reason I cannot start in safe mode. I do press F8 before the windows logo appears and it still starts in the normal mode. There are four files in that directory that have lock symbols on them. Two of them are related to Shock Wave Flash and the other two are labeled SHD or something like that. I deleted what the computer would allow me to but I did not delete the ones with the lock symbols, should I? Funny thing is that I deleted a bunch of files in that directory and when I restarted and went back there (C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS), another whole set of files were there. I was thinking that this directory is where print jobs were stored. Anyhow, I cannot start windows in the safe mode and I'm back to square one. I do want to thank everyone that is trying to help me out on this frustrating problem, I appreciate this very much.
James
Delete all the files and try again.
Are you using Adobe Acrobat Reader to read pdf files? If yes what version?