My problem was solved by physically replacing my usb port.
I have to restart my print spooler each time I print
Original Title: Printer Spooler
I've got a problem with my printer spooler. I can restart it but it always shuts off when I go to print something. I went to programs/features and clicked turn features on/off and under printer documentation services the LPD and LPR, and fax/scan are selected. Internet client is not checked.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2014-04-16T18:52:34+00:00 -
Anonymous
2014-04-13T07:26:50+00:00 I downloaded the fix it tool and ran it but I can't tell if it did anything. Is that how it works?
Yes.
Disconnect the printer. Uninstall the software for your Pixma MG2120 and reinstall the drivers from the link below. Reconnect the printer, restart your computer and test.
Please use Autoruns to delete 1 entry where the words “File not found” appear. With Autoruns you can uncheck an item, which disables it from starting, or you can right click an item and then delete it. Click the Everything tab and look for the rows highlighted in yellow.
-
Anonymous
2014-04-13T01:20:52+00:00 I use avast antivirus. The free home edition.
I downloaded the fix it tool and ran it but I can't tell if it did anything. Is that how it works?
Here is the link.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DA7AD86617BDA845%21185
-
Anonymous
2014-04-11T18:19:19+00:00 What anti-virus software is installed?
To identify what loads when you boot use Autoruns (freeware from Microsoft).
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb963902
Select File, Save, change the “Save as type” to Text file type using the Scroll to the right and click Save. Please upload the file to your OneDrive as a shared file and post as a link here.
To eliminate recurring Event ID: 10 errors in your Application log please run the Fix it in this KB Article
-
Anonymous
2014-04-11T17:10:06+00:00 This should be a link to all three files requested. All reports were obtained in normal mode.
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=DA7AD86617BDA845%21183
Thank you for your help!