Me too. I've pinned services to my taskbar so I can stop and restart the print spooler every time I want to print (after my laptop has put itself to sleep).
I have to restart my print spooler each time I print
Original Title: Printer Spooler
I've got a problem with my printer spooler. I can restart it but it always shuts off when I go to print something. I went to programs/features and clicked turn features on/off and under printer documentation services the LPD and LPR, and fax/scan are selected. Internet client is not checked.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Anonymous
2017-12-20T18:51:34+00:00 -
Anonymous
2017-10-19T15:00:55+00:00 Deleted all the files in safe mode. Restarted system in normal mode, same problem. Must restart Print Spooler every time a file is to be printed. A new issue in the last 10 days or so.
-
Anonymous
2017-04-11T07:43:31+00:00 Hi James,
For us to better understand your query, we'd like to know the following information:
- What is happening to the Print Spooler?
- What Windows Server are you using?
- What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
- Have you made any recent changes?
We look forward to your response.
-
Anonymous
2017-04-11T05:32:57+00:00 What if it is already empty?
-
Anonymous
2015-08-24T06:10:58+00:00 Hi,
try to look at this directory:
C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS
If it is not empty - delete all the files in this directory and restart the printer spooler service.
LC
I had checked folder its empty, then also every time i am restarting print spooler service for print