Thanks. It can't hurt any. I'll get back if it took care of the problem.
I have to restart my print spooler each time I print
Original Title: Printer Spooler
I've got a problem with my printer spooler. I can restart it but it always shuts off when I go to print something. I went to programs/features and clicked turn features on/off and under printer documentation services the LPD and LPR, and fax/scan are selected. Internet client is not checked.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2011-11-17T22:26:39+00:00 -
Anonymous
2011-11-17T21:25:13+00:00 James
Try changing from Adobe Reader to Foxit Reader. That may solve the problem. For most people the problem seem to be printing pdf files or web site pages. There have been inconclusive discussions of this problem in Adobe forums for something like 2 years .
-
Anonymous
2011-11-17T20:56:00+00:00 Oh, thank you.
Maybe you can try download and install the latest Adobe Flash player and Adobe Shockwave player. Here is the link (choose your language and system):
Adobe Flash player - http://get.adobe.com/cz/flashplayer/
Adobe Shockwave player - http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/
LC
-
Anonymous
2011-11-17T14:09:36+00:00 I went to my Gmail account and I was able to print out an email. It appears that Yahoo Mail is the only culprit remaining that is causing problems with the print spooler. I can easily live with that as I rarely print out emails and should I need to, I'll just copy and paste. It's sure nice to have some very smart people willing to help others with computer problems. What a great site!
James
-
Anonymous
2011-11-16T23:53:13+00:00 LC, just tried printing something off a web site other than email and the printer printed. I'm going to try it on another web site now. OK, tried printing something from another web site and again it printed OK. Must be something in my email program that's causing this. I'm using Yahoo Mail. I do have a Google Mail Account as well and tomorrow I'll try and print an email from Google and see what happens. But do keep in mind that I couldn't print anything until you so graciously shared your time to help me get this working. If Google faults out the spooler, I guess I can live without printing email and if I really need to, I can copy/paste into Word and then print it. Thank you very much.