LC, I didn't see anywhere where I could write in my email address in the add on window. I did look at the add-ons and saw that Shockwave Flash Player and disabled that. That was one of the problem files in the spooler window. I don't get something though, in the menu it says add-ons disabled, but in the add-on window, most of them are enabled. Does the "add-ons disabled" in the menu just mean that some of them are disabled but not all. I'm going to try printing an email with that Shockwave disabled and see if that doesn't do the trick. The printer is a Canon MP990 which always worked fine with the computer up until a week ago.
I have to restart my print spooler each time I print
Original Title: Printer Spooler
I've got a problem with my printer spooler. I can restart it but it always shuts off when I go to print something. I went to programs/features and clicked turn features on/off and under printer documentation services the LPD and LPR, and fax/scan are selected. Internet client is not checked.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2011-11-16T15:15:56+00:00 -
Anonymous
2011-11-16T14:56:49+00:00 OK, so you ran from the menu "Internet Explorer (no add-ons)", then you wrote the WEB address of your WEBmail into the running "Internet Explorer (no add-ons)" and tried to print something from your WEBmail, but it was not sucessfull, wasn't it?
Can you try only run from the menu "Internet Explorer (no add-ons)" and then press CTRL+P, choose your printer and print it? - Does it work or not?
If it does not work, can you write here the manufacturer and the model number of your printer ?
LC
-
Anonymous
2011-11-16T00:51:25+00:00 I understood you LC. I just checked again and the add-ons are disabled. It says IE running without add-ons. In the menu it reads "Internet Explorer (no add-ons)".
-
Anonymous
2011-11-16T00:24:55+00:00 OK, I hope we understood well - after reboot you have to run again the Internet Explorer without add-ons - it is only temporary exclusion of the add-ons. If you start the Internet Explorer normally after reboot then all the add-ons are loaded.
LC
-
Anonymous
2011-11-15T22:47:51+00:00 OK,
so to the problem "g program not found - skipping autocheck." - run regedit.exe (click Start and into the seach box write regedit and from "Programs" double click on the "regedit.exe").
Then goto:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTROL\Session Manager
where you will see the line with the name "BootExecute", which should contain this:
autocheck autochk *
see the picture:
you will find its set to g: something, so change it to "autocheck autochk *"
If I understand you well - now you have only the problem with printing from the Internet Explorer, havn't you?
If yes, you can try to run the Internet Explorer without addons and test the printing:
Click the Start button
, click
All Programs, click Accessories, click
System Tools, and then click Internet Explorer (No Add-ons).LC