Deleted all the files in safe mode. Restarted system in normal mode, same problem. Must restart Print Spooler every time a file is to be printed. A new issue in the last 10 days or so.
I have to restart my print spooler each time I print
Original Title: Printer Spooler
I've got a problem with my printer spooler. I can restart it but it always shuts off when I go to print something. I went to programs/features and clicked turn features on/off and under printer documentation services the LPD and LPR, and fax/scan are selected. Internet client is not checked.
Windows for home | Previous Windows versions | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
47 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2017-10-19T15:00:55+00:00 -
Anonymous
2011-11-15T23:52:23+00:00 OK, I did the above and "g" was in there so I deleted it and all that's left is what you said. IE is already running with no add ons. I'm going to restart the computer now and see if I can print off the internet. By the way, where in the heck did you learn all that stuff. I've been to places on my computer I haven't seen before. I certainly would not want to screw around on my own. I can see where you could get into big trouble.
OK, rebooted the PC and printed a computer based document. Then went to print an email off the internet and the spooler stopped and the spool directory filled up again. That Shockwave item was in there again but not as many other items. The "g" program not found did not come up also.
Went back to safe mode and deleted the files in that directory, and restarted the PC. So, still cannot print anything off the net without the spool directory/file getting those files put in and shutting down the print spooler. At least I can print off the computer, a major improvement that I thank you for LC.
-
Anonymous
2011-11-15T21:54:04+00:00 Another update. As long as I'm printing computer based documents there are no files in
C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTER directory (if that's what it's called). I think the Shockwave Flash Player is putting **** in there when I go to print off the internet. I'm going to delete that program and see what happens.
-
Anonymous
2011-11-14T23:49:15+00:00 You should be able to go to that folder from Explorer.
But to use the command prompt (DOS is not part of Windows 7)
Enter the comand prompt.
type *cd* which will bring you to the root directory.
Then type cd Windows\System32\Spool\Printers
cd = change directory.
-
Anonymous
2011-11-14T23:29:59+00:00 I figured out how to get into DOS but when I type cmd, enter, then type in
C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS, enter, I get an answer that it does not recognize that as an internal or external program.