“Warning! Spyware detected on your computer!” message

Anonymous
2011-05-12T00:44:22+00:00

Original Title: Help me to fix “Warning! Spyware detected on your computer!”Alert

"Warning! Spyware detected on your laptop or computer!", which is really a message i got.

and i don't know what to do that alert.

would i want to do a program restore to solve it basically?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-05-12T16:42:11+00:00

Hi,

· Do you have any security software installed on the computer?

· When do you receive this error message?

Run online virus scan and check if any malware or virus activity found on the computer. You may run online virus scan from the below link: http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

NOTE: Make sure you select the correct version of the operating system before downloading the scanner)

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2017-11-25T13:53:26+00:00

    I had the same pop up (the one with the woman's voice).  I did not click anything.  Powered off the computer, restarted in safe mode, restarted normally and then did a full scan with Trend Micro software which didn't detect anything unusual.  So far so good.

    I was on Ebay when the pop up occurred.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2017-11-26T01:42:58+00:00

    Microsoft spyware alert. Your computer is infected with a pornographic spyware. gives me a phone number to call to walk me through it and if I don't call they will send to authorities to file a complaint. Error 0-00882ee. phone number is 866-674-4401

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2017-11-26T17:22:16+00:00

    I have spyware on my computer is telling me that the code is 080072337 I need the number to call

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2017-11-26T18:51:54+00:00

    I have spyware on my computer is telling me that the code is 080072337 I need the number to call

    770 887-1067

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments