“Warning! Spyware detected on your computer!” message

Anonymous
2011-05-12T00:44:22+00:00

Original Title: Help me to fix “Warning! Spyware detected on your computer!”Alert

"Warning! Spyware detected on your laptop or computer!", which is really a message i got.

and i don't know what to do that alert.

would i want to do a program restore to solve it basically?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-05-12T16:42:11+00:00

Hi,

· Do you have any security software installed on the computer?

· When do you receive this error message?

Run online virus scan and check if any malware or virus activity found on the computer. You may run online virus scan from the below link: http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

NOTE: Make sure you select the correct version of the operating system before downloading the scanner)

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-03-23T22:37:01+00:00

    i have the same question but it was sent by Verizon,

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-03-14T00:30:11+00:00

    Thankyou i suspected as much

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-03-13T19:55:29+00:00

    I got the exact same message just minutes ago . It also has the non stop voice alert saying that I need to call the number before exiting the screen otherwise I will be reported to authorities cause this may "infect other network". Sounds alarming and threatening. Now, that alone I sensed that this is not legit. Of course, I immediately set my computer to airplane mode to disconnect me to the internet, end all tasks in the task manager and just reboot my computer. I turned back on and it went away. But even so I called the number (1855.....) just to see what these crooks are up to.  First he asked me for the error code which I gave a bunch random numbers. And right away he said that I got this spyware from the last site.. Oh really?   I went to a secured and legit job search  website. And then he said in order for him to remove the spyware he needs to get in to my computer and asked for my IP, etc.  I was playing dumb the whole time asking bunch of tech questions,  what is an IP add, what is for, etc, etc.  Then he went back asking me again for access to my computer.  Then I asked him, why should I give it to you.. and he said so he could remove the spyware and "help" me fix the problem. Then I said to him straight.. you are not legit and you are a scammer. I told him that this toll number (1855...) is not a  Microsoft support number. And MS doesn't threaten their customers for not calling the number. He immediately hang up. 

    UPDATE: I just finish running the MS Safety Scanner and it did not detect any malware, spyware or virus in my computer. I suggest you do the same just to make sure.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-03-13T13:44:08+00:00

    I got a message saying from microsoft with number to call 1 844 368 0621.

    ”critical alert virus/spyware”

    credit card - hackers mentioned and to disable computer# 26813(not sure if thats correct # perhaps r 3)

    is this legit or a scam? I shut it down

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments