“Warning! Spyware detected on your computer!” message

Anonymous
2011-05-12T00:44:22+00:00

Original Title: Help me to fix “Warning! Spyware detected on your computer!”Alert

"Warning! Spyware detected on your laptop or computer!", which is really a message i got.

and i don't know what to do that alert.

would i want to do a program restore to solve it basically?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-05-12T16:42:11+00:00

Hi,

· Do you have any security software installed on the computer?

· When do you receive this error message?

Run online virus scan and check if any malware or virus activity found on the computer. You may run online virus scan from the below link: http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

NOTE: Make sure you select the correct version of the operating system before downloading the scanner)

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2018-11-15T22:53:13+00:00

    SharynSinay  wrote:

    I still cannot get into my account on my user on my wife's desktop.  It just goes  black and spins. 

    An offline "full system scan"  on my laptop, after disconnecting from internet,  found no virus.

    I just successfully opened Excel and Word.  

    I will ignore the apparent scam Microsoft spyware message.   And hope for the best.  

    This is only a pop-up message generated by JavaScript on some webpage you visited.

    Ignoring this message (which is not from Microsoft) is an acceptable course of action.

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2018-11-15T17:41:33+00:00

    I still cannot get into my account on my user on my wife's desktop.  It just goes  black and spins. 

    An offline "full system scan"  on my laptop, after disconnecting from internet,  found no virus.

    I just successfully opened Excel and Word.  

    I will ignore the apparent scam Microsoft spyware message.   And hope for the best.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2018-11-15T17:04:51+00:00

    I have Norton, but  I cannot login to my laptop right now. 

    The screen that purported to be Microsoft spyware agent audibly announced that a pornographic virus , ...rquare (sounded like that) was uploading credit card information, Facebook logins, and more to an unknown IP address.

    It said error code Ox80072EE7, and directed to call toll-free number 1-888-910-3237 for help removing the problem.

    BTW, I had an automatic  Windows update Tuesday/Wednesday, after which I got messages Unable to start application for both EXCEL and WORD.  [I have come to loathe WINDOWS Updates!  8.19 in October caused me MAJOR problems, and I strongly suspect did in my harddrive on my prior laptop.  ]

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2018-11-14T14:44:16+00:00

    We have webroot, they have not warned me of anything.  This is the second time I have received this message.  It was sent as a warning from microsoft.  I did not open it as I think it was a scam.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments