Windows Phone 7. Error codes: 80072EFD and 83CF0108

Anonymous
2011-03-26T10:28:00+00:00

I have Windows Phone 7 (HTC HD), recently I experience problems with syncing my gmail and hotmail accounts (recieving error code: 80072EFD) and Facebook (recieving error code: 83CF0108) when using mobile internet. More over I can't open gmail.com in a browser as well. When I use Wi-Fi everything is ok. Thanks in advance for your help.

Windows for home | Other | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2011-03-27T14:11:34+00:00

Hi gedzius,

When you are using wifi everything is fine, right?

Please verify that on your Windows Phone, all configuration is okay:

  • Settings -> Mobile Network -> Data Connection is on "On"
  • Settings -> Mobile Network -> 3G connection is on "On"

Thanks, Tristan

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2012-09-27T22:06:21+00:00

    I have this new Nokia Lumix 710 and have been having the same error code 80072EFD. I can't get into my Hotmail account as it keeps saying not up to date. I have checked all the details many times and they are correct. I have tried the above as advised, plus switching the phone on  + off, nothing works. Please help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2012-09-15T18:53:03+00:00

    anybody knows why this issue come??? 

    is this about hardware issue (phone) or OS or Software issue????

    anybody knows answers for these questions????

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2012-09-13T17:47:07+00:00

    Hi  Marion,

    thank you for your reply.

    i did that. creating a new Live ID and connected it with phone. but nothing change with it.

    still on same set of issue. anybody knows why this happen.

    everything perfect with only wifi.

    i did all the marked answers in this thread. but  no result.

    i can browse the web through IE using 3g. i can goto marketplace and browse the apps but cant download and also all the syncing things with accounts not happening.

    why this issue comes??

    this is issue about phone hardware or with OS.  why still  cant give a proper solution for this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2012-09-13T08:37:34+00:00

    Hi all,

    got same problems, all email accounts and facebook access blocked, and nothing worked, no internet access, i checked all the settings... because it is windows phone (Luma 800) and you need a windows live ID (mine was hacked) therefore blocked, I created a new one, it sync successfully, and all the other internet related services started to automatically update. so my advice, check your windows live account and if not working create a new one! Problem solved!

    Br

    Marion

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments